Fw 18.04 and sustain

Albion

Inspired
I've noticed less sustain in fw 18.04 in comparison with 18.01
I did not test fw 18.03
Nobody has the same feeling?

Ive noticed a change in sustain as well, so you're not crazy. Either that or we are both crazy. I've also been lowering the gate on most of my patches.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

There were no changes to the modeling code between 18.01 and 18.04. If you are detecting any differences then something changed either with your guitar, system settings or your ears.

Right, i should clarify i meant between fw17 and 18... Didn't read the OP correctly.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I've noticed less sustain in fw 18.04 in comparison with 18.01
I did not test fw 18.03
Nobody has the same feeling?

No. Sustain is as good, if not better, then it ever was. Though as Cliff points out.. no modeling changes between 18.01 and 18.04.

Low output pickups.. .medium gain type amp...and no delay help:

Actually literally the very first thing I noticed going from 17.04 (and I loved 17.04 so much I waited until the second beta of 18 to even try it) to 18.0x WAS the increased sustain and manner in which I could get sustained notes to bloom.

When I first uploaded 18.03, I felt as though all of my usual amps felt less "smooth", less "liquid"... I played around with it quite a bit, and updated to 18.04. What I found was that the sound I was looking for was still there, it just wasn't where I left it. (Because I'm an idiot) I started turning knobs that didn't need to be turned... instead of just playing on the amp a little while. The more I played around, the less I felt the need to turn knobs. The settings I used to use in 17.04 were unnecessary, and just didn't work for me with the new firmware. Though, I do find myself cutting a little more bass out of the mix.

On a side note, the new preamp tube settings are cool. I noticed a slight difference between all three settings; I will need some time to work through my patches with each one. My main go-to lead patch (Das Metal) is adjusted to the "test" setting... I'm going to stick with that a while and see how it feels in the overall mix next practice.

Ok, tonight i Will give a new try...
Maybe I was too tried...
I installed new firmware and I Made a turn on new updated factory presets and I noticed a general Lack of sustain...

could be your guitar bro. im having the same thing but my older strings are actually hitting my frets and killing my sustain. the thing is; is that you can hardly tell its the frets that are doing it. what ive found is that the axe picks up EVERYTHING. i also thought i was getting more fizz but once again it was my strings buzzing out on frets.

Back
Top Bottom