FW 18.03 all guitars IIC+ in the mix - Cabs from OH

It's kind of you man :), yea DT guys are in the studio, Petrucci IIC+ and Lonestar is on the top of my waiting list, I'm not sure if FAS decided to create some JP IR or not !,
as for the KSM313 I talked to CK he told me he hasn't it... bud I think he is the only one who can capture it very very well !, I guess he will add it and create some mix IR with SM57 at least and sell it for 5 bucks like OH, bud finally He must confirm it :)

I hope we have a good chance to get a JP ultrares IR because FAS did a JP IR. We will see.
@Clark so you liked the post, is there work in progress???? :D

Just to mention somethin about your levels:

do you check your levels in VU meter on Utility page of Axe front panel ???

Now I checked Isolated track and the whole track on my Axe-Fx in utility menu VU meter, your level is too highhhh, it's clipping most of the time I think you have to turn down your levels on your preset and check it with VU meter in the Axe-Fx it shouldn't be raised up from the meter line 0dB

Also curious to see the way the amp is dialed. In tube world I use something similar to the IIC+ as my favorite heavy rhythm tone, so, always curious how folks are dialing the various sims of that. :)

I hope we have a good chance to get a JP ultrares IR because FAS did a JP IR. We will see.
@Clark so you liked the post, is there work in progress???? :D

If the JP tone is what you're after I strongly recommend Cab Pack 7. Vitor and Hyper can probably explain why better than I'm allowed to legally. :lol But let's just say that JP is one of my biggest influences and Cab Pack 7 was definitely a sort of hidden tribute to JP tones from me. :) Cab Pack 7 is based on the Mesa Traditional cab that is used by the bearded guy. There is no other Cab Pack of this cabinet on the market.

I don't hear a scoop going on here at all. In fact, I found the guitars very even and pleasant. And frankly, it's a little bit more than rude to show up on somebody's recording post to sling your own wares at them.

Did somebody at Fractal manage to get away from their baby sitter or something?

Hi everyone,

this is my first mix with FW18. I know that the IIC+ is not G3´d yet but Cliff said that the new fw affect not G3´d amps as well.
What do you think?

Thanks Clark Kent for his great work off the Mark4. I adapted some settings to my IIC+ Preset.

Cheers
Alex

Sounds awesome dude... and great playing! :)

I love the distortion/overdrive of that guitar sound. :) The IR could be better or at least to me it sounds quite scooped and I might know why. Have you tried my IRs? :)

Rudest post of the week. No surprise where it came from... and why.

If the JP tone is what you're after I strongly recommend Cab Pack 7. Vitor and Hyper can probably explain why better than I'm allowed to legally. :lol But let's just say that JP is one of my biggest influences and Cab Pack 7 was definitely a sort of hidden tribute to JP tones from me. :) Cab Pack 7 is based on the Mesa Traditional cab that is used by the bearded guy. There is no other Cab Pack of this cabinet on the market.

The salesperson schtick is growing very tiresome. Seriously dude. We know why you are here. We know what you are selling. Give it a rest. Let your work and 3rd party demos do the talking for once.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

this is my first mix with FW18. I know that the IIC+ is not G3´d yet but Cliff said that the new fw affect not G3´d amps as well.
What do you think?

Thanks Clark Kent for his great work off the Mark4. I adapted some settings to my IIC+ Preset.

Cheers
Alex

Do you have the presets and what you used to get the sound like that? (Not that I want to copy but I want something really close to what you have for my album

Please do post it... including with what IR to use because... Yeah, I truly need that. Hell if you want a mention in my album to help out, no problem for that...

OwnHammer has to get his name in my album... This man is a savior and I bet my bottom dollar he doesn't know it.

Please do post the preset!

Also curious to see the way the amp is dialed. In tube world I use something similar to the IIC+ as my favorite heavy rhythm tone, so, always curious how folks are dialing the various sims of that. :)

Do you have the presets and what you used to get the sound like that? (Not that I want to copy but I want something really close to what you have for my album

Please do post it... including with what IR to use because... Yeah, I truly need that. Hell if you want a mention in my album to help out, no problem for that...

OwnHammer has to get his name in my album... This man is a savior and I bet my bottom dollar he doesn't know it.

At first i have to say that i forgot to mute my plugins on my main bus when i recorded the isolated guitars.

I haven´t saved the project in Cablab for this IR, but i know what IRs i used. So i did a new one that i like better than the old one.

So here is the preset. Nothing special but it sounds awesome :D View attachment Alex MKIIC+ Crunch.syx

I used this cab from Ownhammer: http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_117&products_id=128

Here is a pic of what i did in Cablab:
OH URES Alex Mix.JPG

And here is a preview without any post processing. First mono second doubled hard pan left and right.

I used my EBMM JP13 for this record and the last ones. When i play the presets with my JP6 or my Ibanez RG827QMZ-RDT Premium with DiMarzio Illuminators
it sounds different. So don´t forget that the guitar is an essential part of the sound.

Have fun! :pirate:

Last edited:
Just to mention somethin about your levels:

do you check your levels in VU meter on Utility page of Axe front panel ???

Now I checked Isolated track and the whole track on my Axe-Fx in utility menu VU meter, your level is too highhhh, it's clipping most of the time I think you have to turn down your levels on your preset and check it with VU meter in the Axe-Fx it shouldn't be raised up from the meter line 0dB

Thanks for the advice! I check my levels in Studio One 2 but the VU meter in the axe is much nicer. I will use that for the future :D

I have bought your Cab Pack 7 already, but what i can say from now is that your IRs sounds a bit nasal. But i havent heard the complete package until now.
What i miss in this package is a dark SM57 record like JP do. Or have i missed it?

Sounds awesome dude... and great playing! :)

Rudest post of the week. No surprise where it came from... and why.

The salesperson schtick is growing very tiresome. Seriously dude. We know why you are here. We know what you are selling. Give it a rest. Let your work and 3rd party demos do the talking for once.

Oh man. When I posted that I did not see that the title said "Cabs from OH". I'm using my forum app on the phone a lot nowadays and it doesn't show the complete title. "I think I know why" was definitely not referring to what you're presuming! That looks really bad. :( I was simply talking about my own amp settings that Alex is using in this clip. I'm a nice guy but for some reason everything I'm writing these days can be easily taken as attacks. I think I need a break from all this.

I have said this many times and I'll repeat this as many times as I need to: OwnHammer owns. Kevin rocks. I wouldn't even be doing IRs if it wasn't for him. I owe him a lot. There's nothing I like more than seeing people use both Kevin's and my thoughts together to create one good tone.

This is the Fractal Audio forum. I work for that company so I hope that when I talk about products by FAS which I'm obviously a part of it doesn't come across as marketing. Trust me, this forum and what people write in here may seem really strong and important to people in here but it does not control the market for how a Cab Pack sells nor am I trying to affect the sales but simply help people achieve their tones. I hope you realize that it is not about business. This forum is not in control of that. I've been helping people with their tones for over 5 years now on this forum. That's what I do. Making Cab Packs is a huge part of that. The whole reason why I made Cab Pack 7 is because I was trying to nail the tones that the OP is trying to nail. Whether or not I was part in creating that Cab Pack it's what I would suggest people should use since there's no other Cab Pack based on that particular cabinet.

I have bought your Cab Pack 7 already, but what i can say from now is that your IRs sounds a bit nasal. But i havent heard the complete package until now.
What i miss in this package is a dark SM57 record like JP do. Or have i missed it?

My IRs definitely have a bit more middles than most other IRs. It's actually a part of the clean capture technique. :) There's an IR in there called Chocolate Cake. That's probably one of the darkest IRs in that pack. If it's too bright for you then that Cab Pack may not be for you. :)

At first i have to say that i forgot to mute my plugins on my main bus when i recorded the isolated guitars.

I haven´t saved the project in Cablab for this IR, but i know what IRs i used. So i did a new one that i like better than the old one.

So here is the preset. Nothing special but it sounds awesome :D View attachment 25545

I used this cab from Ownhammer: http://http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=127_131&products_id=211 8)

Here is a pic of what i did in Cablab:
View attachment 25546

And here is a preview without any post processing. First mono second doubled hard pan left and right.

I used my EBMM JP13 for this record and the last ones. When i play the presets with my JP6 or my Ibanez RG827QMZ-RDT Premium with DiMarzio Illuminators
it sounds different. So don´t forget that the guitar is an essential part of the sound.

Have fun! :pirate:

Okay, I'll try to get those things done to try to get close as much as possible... I bought that pack, but I cannot find the files now...I'm totally lost. Did you link the right thing?... I have the new cab Lab 3, and it's chinese for me at the moment (after all I'm starting) I guess I have to take them and make them into Ultra Res XL First ? (Which is better than Hi Res, right?) (That I don't know how too)... That will be one thing (Already complicated) but I'll try to follow all what you do for sure. Man this is the best stuff I heard EVER. even for just one guitar.

Wish me luck and if anyone can point out how to turn them into Ultra Res for it'd be awesome and also...Do I have to mix a 'mic and a Mix to get an .Ir?

P.S : http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_117&products_id=128 that looks more like what you used in the picture, or am I wrong?
P.P.S : In your preset, I cannot have any sound until I remove the Vol/Pan, Should I remove that? Oh man, I wish I was understanding everything, in hope to get some help very soon.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll try to get those things done to try to get close as much as possible... I bought that pack, but I cannot find the files now...I'm totally lost. Did you link the right thing?... I have the new cab Lab 3, and it's chinese for me at the moment (after all I'm starting) I guess I have to take them and make them into Ultra Res XL First ? (Which is better than Hi Res, right?) (That I don't know how too)... That will be one thing (Already complicated) but I'll try to follow all what you do for sure. Man this is the best stuff I heard EVER. even for just one guitar.

Wish me luck and if anyone can point out how to turn them into Ultra Res for it'd be awesome and also...Do I have to mix a 'mic and a Mix to get an .Ir?

P.S : 412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN (High Gain) - $9.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store that looks more like what you used in the picture, or am I wrong?
P.P.S : In your preset, I cannot have any sound until I remove the Vol/Pan, Should I remove that? Oh man, I wish I was understanding everything, in hope to get some help very soon.

First you need to convert all the wave files to ultrares syx to use it in Cablab. You can do this in Cablab. Look at the exact file names that i used. You can see them in the picture i´ve posted.

The link to the cab that i posted is exact the one i used.

Then I'm ultra blind. I truly don't see anything with those name in what you linked first. For the preset, what should I do about the Vol/Pan? (Sorry for all the Questions)

Back
Top Bottom