FW 14 Cleans

Thanks Dutch, I think today will be the day of my first update, I hardly use my laptop for anything more than YouTube and EZ Drummer, so I've been reluctant to try any updating. I only have maybe a couple stock clean channels I use and a couple heavy channels I created. I know this has been covered a thousand times, but if I want to back up those heavy presets, do I back them up to the computer somehow or to the axe itself. Thanks man, I have very limited computer savvy!

I would hold off. I'm probably going to release 14.01 tomorrow.

Don't get too excited. It's just some minor bug fixes.

There is an update all presets function which will call up each preset in succession, add the new parameters at defaults and save them again. Great fun to see and hear happening. This will prevent many problems.

I don't have the footpedal, but I did go to utility and went to "update all presets", the screen just showed a bar slowly moving acrossed until it was done. I didn't hear anything because I updated without being connected to anything external. Seems to haved worked out, I see firmware 14 on the utility page. Plenty of good cleans without grit, but I guess if I had only one tiny complaint, it's that the noisegate has to be more tweaked than before to reduce the noise. Everything sounds pretty good though, some cool new parameters in the amp block.

I've been using the buttery SIM with low input trim and the split pickup position on my Ibanez and am getting some great cleans.

but I guess if I had only one tiny complaint, it's that the noisegate has to be more tweaked than before to reduce the noise.

Press the GLOBAL button, on the CONFIG page scroll down to the NOISEGATE OFFSET parameter and set it to 0 dB. It defaults to -40 dB after the upgrade and you need to change it by hand. This is mentioned in the release notes that go along with the firmware download bundle.

Plexis....
The answer is Plexis.

Get a 100W, set the volume at around 8, and roll back the volume on ur guitar.
Articulate, warm and pristine cleans with little to no break-up unless u hit the strings really hard.

Press the GLOBAL button, on the CONFIG page scroll down to the NOISEGATE OFFSET parameter and set it to 0 dB. It defaults to -40 dB after the upgrade and you need to change it by hand. This is mentioned in the release notes that go along with the firmware download bundle.
Thanks man, yeah I read that in the notes a little while ago!

Back
Top Bottom