FW 10 LCD contrast has changed.

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
At least on mine. I mostly view mine from above at a 45deg angle. On every FW pre-10 I left the contrast exactly in the middle, now it has to go completely to the right and still isn't as high as it used to be. Totally to the right used to reform the light areas with slightly darker pixels, now it stays bright. Not a biggie 'cause it's readable, but less so than before and I'd like to have it back.

Should I re-install 10.05? 10.02 was the same.

Anybody else notice this?

Last edited:
Thought I'd noticed this too, but didn't really worry about it as I view my Axe-Fx II straight on. It's racked in the desk at the studio. But I can see how this might be an issue for others.

Hmmm....this happened to me too. I e-mailed support about it--I thought there might be something wrong with my display. The replies were inconclusive.

Now, I suppose, I'll stop worrying about it.

I've always had to crank the contrast all the way to the right or it's hardly visible. Interesting...

Hmmm....this happened to me too. I e-mailed support about it--I thought there might be something wrong with my display. The replies were inconclusive.

Now, I suppose, I'll stop worrying about it.

Even with the contrast adjusted, it's still bad? I haven't upgraded yet...

Even with the contrast adjusted, it's still bad? I haven't upgraded yet...

Until one of the recent firmware updates, the display was fine. I never even touched the contrast control. Then, all of a sudden, the display was overly dark with some odd blotches in a few spots. Setting the contrast to the far left made it look like it did before the update. At the time, I didn't associate the change with the firmware. I was worried about some kind of hardware failure.

I contacted support, and was told (at first) that it might be a loose ribbon connector. It was suggested that I should check it, but when I asked for clarification I was instructed not to open the unit. I left it alone--the Axe was usable and I don't want any trouble.

Most recently, I noticed that the blotches were gone, and that the contrast was partway back to normal, although still darker than it was originally. This may have coincided with installing 10.05, but I'm not positive.

I'm pretty confused by it all.

contrast has changed.. confirmed it.. it's at max right setting and standing where it it about belt level, it's very light. i'm on 10.02.. will try 10.5, not sure that will do anything.

Back
Top Bottom