Furman power conditioner question

Denis

Inspired
Hi guys. .

My Axe fx 2 is on the way and I thought it would be better to get a power conditioner as well.The most affordable one is the Furman M-10x E
Did anyone used this particular model and what do you think of it,comparing to another furman power conditioner?

power conditioner is a bit of a misnomer... the cheap rack mount stuff are really just power strips with surge protection. I've had a pl8+ for as long as i can remember, never had an issue.

exactly, you will do just fine with a cheap power conditioner, but if i was to get one it would be a Furman PL-Plus DMC. they look great with rack gear

A good surge suppressor will do fine unless you're jonesing to have everything rack mounted. If you do want to go the rack mount route, I'd suggest checking out the Carvin AC120S. It has a handy sequencing feature that'll help avoid pops when powering the AxeFx up and down.

Carvin is the best deal. I have the PL-Plus C but regret not getting the Carvin. Made in USA and 20A (as opposed to 15).

Thanks to everyone for the reply.The Carvin AC120S in out of production so I will have to try it with the Furman.I just don't know if that particular model the Furman M-10x E will work fine for the Axe.

I just don't know if that particular model the Furman M-10x E will work fine for the Axe.
ANY power conditioner will work with the Axe. It only uses about 40w, so it's hardly a power hog.
As far as which model, it depends on if you want power sequencing etc.
That model furman is about as basic as you can get... looks more like a PDU (distribution unit) thana conditioner, but it should work fine.

Carvin is the best deal. I have the PL-Plus C but regret not getting the Carvin. Made in USA and 20A (as opposed to 15).

I just got this, based on your recommendation (Definitely still in production:).

Thanks so much. This BLOWS the Furman out of the water, in build quality, features, and ease of use. Now, with the sequential start, there's no popping whatsoever when I power up (I was lazy and had everything on single rack power strip before - 1 switch). I opened it up - well made, no bullcrap teency caps etc. Seen Carvin ads since the '80s, but never bought anything. Now I am going to take a look at their guitars etc. Thanks again.

That Carvin is a nice price for what seems to be a Quality product.

I am thinking about this unit, but really want this, Plus a true isolation transformer built in as well.I wanted to get this for my home use, but they are very pricey from the Furmans of the world. Anybody find less expensive alternatives ?

I just got this, based on your recommendation (Definitely still in production:).

Thanks so much. This BLOWS the Furman out of the water, in build quality, features, and ease of use. Now, with the sequential start, there's no popping whatsoever when I power up (I was lazy and had everything on single rack power strip before - 1 switch). I opened it up - well made, no bullcrap teency caps etc. Seen Carvin ads since the '80s, but never bought anything. Now I am going to take a look at their guitars etc. Thanks again.

So do you now always leave your Axe and power amp (or whatever you have in your rack) switched on?

Carvin quality has always been great. I have played on their gear since the late 70's with good results. I have a Carvin amp, and two guitars (a DC200T and a CT6M), both guitars are top notch.

I have a Furman PL-Pro DMC in my rack, it works great and has already saved my Axe Fx rig when my partner's Boogie went up in literal smoke on the same circuit (later found it was accidentally connected to 240v), so I have great faith in it. It is designed to reset (instead of burning out) when it takes a hit, and also features LED rack lights and a USB power outlet for charging phones and such. The Axe Fx is a big investment. Whatever you decide to use, use something.

That Carvin is a nice price for what seems to be a Quality product.

I am thinking about this unit, but really want this, Plus a true isolation transformer built in as well.I wanted to get this for my home use, but they are very pricey from the Furmans of the world. Anybody find less expensive alternatives ?

Well, if I had the dough, and could deal with the weight, the best solution of all, as it eliminates ground loops, eddy currents etc. is a true Balanced AC power unit. But they are damn heavy, and damn expensive.

Back
Top Bottom