Fundamental of one note on one string decays more quickly

Thanks for checking back Andy.

I haven't actually tried raising the tailpiece yet, stupid busy, but I've been wondering if it has to do with the high E saddle.

I only hear the decaying fundamental thing on that one note on that one string, but I do hear a somewhat different and more pronounced set of high overtones everywhere on the high E, as opposed to the other strings. It's a different gauge of course, and nothing is the same as anything, but it made me wonder.

Do you think replacing that one saddle is worth a try?

Aside from all the sensible suggestions here, different strings have different tensions and thicknesses. Playing a C on the B string at the same frequency as C on the E string will behave somewhat differently.

Thanks for checking back Andy.

I haven't actually tried raising the tailpiece yet, stupid busy, but I've been wondering if it has to do with the high E saddle.

I only hear the decaying fundamental thing on that one note on that one string, but I do hear a somewhat different and more pronounced set of high overtones everywhere on the high E, as opposed to the other strings. It's a different gauge of course, and nothing is the same as anything, but it made me wonder.

Do you think replacing that one saddle is worth a try?
Not if the slot is cleanly cut. I still think raising the tail will help in general .

Try muting the strings between the bridge and the tailpiece. Also between the nut and the tuners. Does the ringing go away?

Back
Top Bottom