Full Range 4x12 suggestion!?!?!?

I was actually thinking of taking my crappy cabinet and takin it to linex and have them blast it. They did my bed liner on my truck. I might do my K 10 as well, it's all ready dinged, it could only make it look better and crunch resistant, since I drop my K10 to often. D you think that would affect the sound in a bad way? I got the idea from that xitone cabinet.

I was actually thinking of taking my crappy cabinet and takin it to linex and have them blast it. Do you think that would affect the sound in a bad way? I got the idea from that xitone cabinet.
I doubt seriously it will affect the tone. I have a pair of Carvin TRx12N monitors that are covered with that crap and they look and sound great. I say go for it.

I doubt seriously it will affect the tone. I have a pair of Carvin TRx12N monitors that are covered with that crap and they look and sound great. I say go for it.

cool that's what I wanted to hear. I mean really, I think it's brilliant for people who play out constantly, not having to worry about nicks and scratches especially for me, a guy who drops his K10 often.:D

I found some informations about the Jet City 700dp....but no informations about the speakers they used for that and no information about when its out on the market....do you have any informations what kind of speakers are in my atomics or what kind of speakers matrix are using.....i'm really thinking about building my own 4x12 full range cabinets. i could bux 2 old marshall dummies and would build in some good FR Speakers :)!!! http://www.musicgear.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/700pd-rig.jpg

Hi Guys, i have some questions: Currrently i'm using my AxeII with two Atomic powered Wedges, but i miss the big sound and feel of my two 4x12s I used in my old Rig, before i became an AxeFx user. But i still will go with FR.....so do you have any idea about building my own FR 4x12 or something like that, is ther something on the market and why aren't companies like Matrix or Atomic build something like that D:!?!?!? i heard that Chris Traynor has some custom made 4x12 FRs????

There was someone that converted an empty 412 to FR here on the board, tried to fine the post but couldn't. If I recall all he did was gut two powered speaker enclosures (I don't recall which type) and load them into the cab Basically a home made Jet city design.

I have no clue, it's a closed back cabinet. How can I tell without opening it up? I tried doing a search in google, but it's so old, that I couldn't find any details. All I see is flextone III information, but I have no idea if they are made with the same speakers or not, all I know is that it sounds really good with the cab sims turned on.

I have the old 412s from line6. It is a great cab and has the old logo on it. they came with those custom made celestions as in that pic someone posted in this thread. from what i've read on other forums those custom celestions are seventy/80's which are supposed to be petty flat. I still dont think they sound good with cab sims on tho. just my opinion:)

Hmmmm,

I've got an old Line6 2x12 Vetta Extension cab up my garage it has those Celestions made for Line6 in it, I'm sure they are 90's though, was going to sell it, but I might just dig it out and put my Axe FX & Matrix through it see what it sounds like :D you never know see !

Hmmmm,

I've got an old Line6 2x12 Vetta Extension cab up my garage it has those Celestions made for Line6 in it, I'm sure they are 90's though, was going to sell it, but I might just dig it out and put my Axe FX & Matrix through it see what it sounds like :D you never know see !

Try it out you might be surprised, I was with my old cab. I really like mine, it sounds great, whoda thunk.
I have tried it with different cab sims and it holds up. I can compare it with my K10, because I'm playing through it simultaneously. The percussiveness of the matrix/flextone and the K10 together definitely get that in the room amp sound. One behind me and one in front of me, total bliss...

I was actually thinking of taking my crappy cabinet and takin it to linex and have them blast it. They did my bed liner on my truck. I might do my K 10 as well, it's all ready dinged, it could only make it look better and crunch resistant, since I drop my K10 to often. D you think that would affect the sound in a bad way? I got the idea from that xitone cabinet.

You won't regret getting the LineX! No effect on tone I am aware of, if anything it will help keep cab resonance down..... One thing of note... you can expect a coating thickness between 1/16 and 1/8 inch thick so if there are any handles or latches that are part of the cab finish that will go back on, you may want to make sure they do not slam that area. Also, if there are very tight corners or holes, you might want to spray them flat black ahead of time. They spray that stuff with the gun probably 3 feet back with a wide spray so fine detail work is not always an option.

Back
Top Bottom