Fryette LXII New Poweramp...Any update about launching date??

dupere11497

Experienced
I saw videos on youtube of Steve Fryette demoing this new rackmount Tube power amp specially design to work along with preamps and modelers. It's a 40/80 watts 6L6 tube powered with a FRFR and Tube flavor switch, one space unit. Those videos were put online in august of 2012, no news eversince, not even a word about it on Fryette website. It sounds fabulous with the Axe fx on both modes. Anyone here as heard anything about a possiblle launching soon??

Hi guys - I want to jump in here because Steve Fryette has become a good friend over the past few years. Running a small business is never easy, but no, nothing wrong at Fryette.

I spoke to Steve yesterday. The design of this amp is done, and he's in the process of approving the custom parts, and afterward he will be ready for production. I'm sure Steve gets a lot of enquiries about this (and his other) product, and keeping on top of those isn't easy!

Hope this helps. D.

Hi guys - I want to jump in here because Steve Fryette has become a good friend over the past few years. Running a small business is never easy, but no, nothing wrong at Fryette.

I spoke to Steve yesterday. The design of this amp is done, and he's in the process of approving the custom parts, and afterward he will be ready for production. I'm sure Steve gets a lot of enquiries about this (and his other) product, and keeping on top of those isn't easy!

Hope this helps. D.

That's good to hear. I hope this makes it to market fairly soon. I'm resisting the urge to buy one of the larger power amps, but they're really a lot more power than I need. The LXII looks like it'd be right up my alley and those videos from last year were quite impressive. With the right price point, I don't think I'd be able to resist.

They had contacted me last December about getting one into my hands for a review; if and when that comes to fruition, I'll be doing a full on review of it.

I would love to compare Fryette LXII with Matrix GT1000FX. And, also, I would love to hear it how LXII sounds with Matrix Q12... :D

Something tells me that this 1U tube unit may be quite a gamechanger...

Just slugged through the 3 videos.

Looks and sounds interesting. would love to hear some cleans and how much "clean" headroom it has.

None of the tones in the videos represented the type of cleans I want out of an amp (I am sure it has a lot to do with the Amp sims he used).. so hopefully more vids will be coming demonstrating the headroom of the amp.

A 40 watt tube amp might get loud -- but staying loud and clean is another matter.

For example, my old 30 watt Carol Ann OD2R could handle a loud gig and stay clean. My 40 Watt Victoria DD could not. It sounded awesome -- but I had to be real careful with her.

However, he made a pretty damn good argument as to why a modeler will sound better through an amp and a cab vs a FRFR monitor system.

Last edited:
This is definitely an option I'm going to have to wait for. Any idea on the weight? 20 i can do...anything more and its a bigger deal.

I believe he was waiting on 2 final ingredients before releasing it. A unicorn horn and 5 dragon tears. It may be a while.......

Reactions: LVC
I gave up on it. I got really excited to get one then hear nothing about it forever and got a matrix but I'm slowly getting to the point of going to a heavy tube poweramp again because all the tones through my 4x12's really lack compared to playing through my actual heads.

I really wish there was some kind of an official update.
The videos were a great tease (I really wanted one then!!!), followed by a year of absolutely nothing

Bump.

Anyone with updates on the LXII?

tumbleweed_small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom