Frozen green screen at boot :(

If the problem happens, it normally happen when you do a firmware update. If anything goes wrong during the firmware writing process this can happen. It is fairly uncommon. This round of firmware updates didn't appear to happen to more people than usual.
There is no evidence that Fractalbot had anything to do with any of them.

Should I do the FW update again to make sure everything is OK since mine did freeze up?

Should I do the FW update again to make sure everything is OK since mine did freeze up?

Yes would like to know that as well? and; is installing to a newer FW number update removing the problem or did the older FW install damage something on the hardware?
really would like to know something official from FAS. Now everybody is just speculating and I have no idea what to do. Can't trust my Axe anymore.....

I am absolutely no expert but I highly doubt a firmware could do damage to the hardware, It's a chip and has no moving parts as far as I know
.. you can either send a working code or a non working code ..

it's more likely it has to do with some interference during update (something has gone wrong during either the programming or the transfer of the fw)
if you have replaced the eprom and has a working fw installed it should be highly unlikely that it happens again ..

but like I said I am absolutely no expert .. I base this upon experiences way back when "hacking satellite" cards using a eprom reader/writer hooked up to my computer ..

:)

ok guys update time:

Problem fixed! Fractal Support sent me the eprom chip plus jumper and a set of instructions. Super easy to do...took about 15-20 mins tops. Updated to new firmware and all is working again

Thanks to the support group you guys saved me. I was really sweating this one, thought I had a 2000 dollar brick on my hands

ok great!! Strangely enough my frozen blank green screen troubles stopped after I had updated to 17.02. Haven't had any blanks screens since if I recall correctly. I am suspecting something was wrong with the 16.04 update but I am not sure.

I have followed this for a while and have actually run 3 separate Axe FX II rigs for over a year without an issue until last Sunday. I received the Boot ROM and all is well. I left it in and now I am wondering would I need to open it and use the jumper if this happened again or could I do the procedure again if required without opening it up. Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom