Friedman rattle

Brian Coonan

Power User
Hi guys - wondering if any of you who have the ASM12 have ever heard something like this rattle I'm hearing.
Here's what I've done to rule things out:
Swapped cables, swapped guitars, ran out of the AX8 from both outs (although, I'm pretty sure this isn't an AX8 issue), engaged and disengaged the low cut button (it's worse with the low cut), ruled out anything in the room actually vibrating. made sure that I wasn't clipping the input.

Also which I couldn't catch while taking the video - at times the ASM12 volume will drop and come back in - seemingly randomly. I thought maybe there was something happening with out2 from the AX8 but have ruled that out. So I thought it was something physical with the ASM12 but that volume thing is kind of weird to me. it also disappears at times entirely (the rattle)

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Hope everyone is doing great today!

I had exactly the same problem with mine.
Returned it and never looked back.
Now using friedman 4x12 with fryette ps2 and I am much happier !
I ended up sending the poweramp unit to Friedman - they tested for two weeks with no power drop out and when I got it back and reconnected everything, I didn't hear the rattle again. But, I sold it and went with a Headrush 1x12 and have been very happy with it. Lighter, more power, and sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom