Friedman BE II patch demo

Great vid Glenn. The thumb picking is very interesting indeed. Can you detail in a vid your right hand style? I, for one, would like to give this a try. Invariably, I drop my picks when playing on wooden stages with slats..yep..the pick falls through, and I got to grab another! Tried pick stick, sandpaper etc...just can't seem to hold the damned thing. BTW, I use a .40mm pick...very thin.

Great vid Glenn. The thumb picking is very interesting indeed. Can you detail in a vid your right hand style? I, for one, would like to give this a try. Invariably, I drop my picks when playing on wooden stages with slats..yep..the pick falls through, and I got to grab another! Tried pick stick, sandpaper etc...just can't seem to hold the damned thing. BTW, I use a .40mm pick...very thin.

Thank you. I did this video years ago. It explains my unusual picking style.

Thanks Glenn! The thumb seems to involve fewer mechanics, verses the index and thumb...hmmmm?
I am not very fast, maybe an adaptation of your technique could improve my right hand style. Going to give it a shot.
BTW, the patch is great man, I use scenes also. I decided a "core sound" was working better for me with a cab on stage.

Thank you. I did this video years ago. It explains my unusual picking style.

You've intrigued me. I need to give the thumb pick a try. For most of my first 10 years, I played fingerstyle on a classical. Even after subsequently using a flat pick for years, I still feel more connected to the guitar when I throw away the pick and address the strings with my fingers.

Still trying to wrap my head around how you handle pinch harmonics, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom