FRFR system?

BlottedMike

Hello guys!
Bought my brand new Axe XL+ a week ago. Currently i run it through Focal CMS 50 monitors. I think it sounds decent but i'm thinking about getting an FRFR system with 12 inch speaker. Do you think it's worth it to swap my Focals for something like Matrix Q12a?
I've been playing through my custom tube amp combo with 12 inch speaker fro the past 6 years or so... really liked the feel of it even on living room volume levels.
I don't know a lot about FRFR systems, is there any other good options besides q12a? It could be a bit pricey considering my location...

Plenty of good info on here with a simple search for FRFR. Atomic CLR, Friedman, ASM... lots to pick from in a variety of price ranges. The more expensive ones (Atomic CLR, Friedman) will run you around a grand apiece, and get a lot of praise. I love my CLRs.

Little combo amps are great. I'd love to hear if your new FRFR speakers hit the spot.

Hello guys!
Bought my brand new Axe XL+ a week ago. Currently i run it through Focal CMS 50 monitors. I think it sounds decent but i'm thinking about getting an FRFR system with 12 inch speaker. Do you think it's worth it to swap my Focals for something like Matrix Q12a?
I've been playing through my custom tube amp combo with 12 inch speaker fro the past 6 years or so... really liked the feel of it even on living room volume levels.
I don't know a lot about FRFR systems, is there any other good options besides q12a? It could be a bit pricey considering my location...

here is a sample of the Matrix Q12a - I've got it now 4 years and never did regrett it - before I had a Soldano SLO 100 and two 4x12 Marshall Cabs - sold them-

Reactions: Ole
I just got a clr and it sounds awesome. I use it at bedroom levels most of the time and it sounds great.

I have a pair of Friedman FrFr speaker
And never looked back. Translate really nice with direct presets

+1 on the CLR at low volumes. No complaints from the wife who sleeps in the next room while I'm playing and it still has very nice tone at that level.

XiTone Cabs!

1-10", 2-10", 1-12", 2-12", active, passive, wedge, open-back. You can even have Mick build you something custom, like an active 2-10" in day-glow red paisley with a built-in crimson lava lamp and chrome headers (just brain-storming).

Be aware that the website doesn't show all of their standard models so if you don't see what you're looking for, just shoot him an email.

Reasonably priced and fantastic tone...even at bedroom volume. ;)

I'm pretty sure they can ship to the UK. Shoot Mick a message and he can give you a shipping estimate. At the price and quality of his cabs, you'd probably still be money ahead.

If you need to be convinced, search the forum for XiTone posts. I don't recall seeing a bad review, even with folks doing a side-by-side comparison with the better-known FRFRs. Also, Mick is a great dude and delivers great service.

http://xitonecabs.com/

XiTone Cabs!

1-10", 2-10", 1-12", 2-12", active, passive, wedge, open-back. You can even have Mick build you something custom, like an active 2-10" in day-glow red paisley with a built-in crimson lava lamp and chrome headers (just brain-storming).

Be aware that the website doesn't show all of their standard models so if you don't see what you're looking for, just shoot him an email.

Reasonably priced and fantastic tone...even at bedroom volume. ;)

You forgot the levitating part!!!! ;)

@Knobs McGee I looked at those but am based in the UK, are they available outside the U.S.?

Yes, I ship to the UK. Don't hesitate to shoot me an email for more info.

Sorry Mick, I thought the jet packs were still being tested...yes and they're available with a self-levitating, auto-loading feature! Quite a sight when the lava lamp is in full-tilt.

Last edited:

Sorry Mick, I thought the jet packs were still being tested...yes and they're available with a self-levitating, auto-loading feature!

Yep, I finally got all the gyroscopes all dialed in.

I've also got a prototype feature I think I'm gonna call Rock Star Mode. It'll auto tune your riffs, play them in time and the really cool part... it engages a fan to blow your hair back in true rock star fashion!!!!

Yep, I finally got all the gyroscopes all dialed in.

I've also got a prototype feature I think I'm gonna call Rock Star Mode. It'll auto tune your riffs, play them in time and the really cool part... it engages a fan to blow your hair back in true rock star fashion!!!!
Don't tease..

Back
Top Bottom