Frequent Recalibration of Expression Pedal

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
Gang,
I am using an Ernie Ball volume pedal connected to my midi mate for volume, wah, etc. Sometimes when I move the Axe-Fx (practice a gig, whatever) and fire everything up the pedal no longer works. I have to go into CTRL and recalibrate the pedal. After that evertyhing works fine but I was under the impression the Axe-Fx is supposed to save these settings no?

Anyone else experiencing this from time to time or on a regular basis?

Thanks!

I've had a similar problem (with the same pedal), but it was due to the string slipping on the pedal, not the Axe-Fx. I have to check and reset the string on the pedal every week or so.

Same here with a Boss FV-500H.

Suddenly the other day my 1 octave harmony wasn't quite an octave any more. Needed recalibration. But honestly, I think it's not the Axe's fault, but pedals...

guitarded said:
same with the FCB1010...bout once every month or two...

To be clear (for others) the FCB1010 has its own calibration routine. So this would have absolutely nothing to do with the axe-fx.

Rocktron Hex:
No problems, except - make sure to tigten the allen head bolt under the pedal every couple of months or the pedal will move around just enough to kick in "auto-engage" when you lest expect it !

Thanks everyone, the good thing here is either it works well or it doesn't at all which to me is better than the calibration slowly drifting. If I have to recalibrate from time to time it ain't a big deal. I'm going to upgrade to one of the pedals with the switch as I'm having a hard time getting used to auto engage, not from a convenience standpoint (for which it is awesome!) but from a heel to toe travel perspective. Been playing a VOX wah for 12 years and I am addicted to that feel.

Spoke too soon, pedal stopped working altogether. Nothing makes it work, not recalibrating, not cycling power, not unplugging it. Will buy a new one and see if that fixes the issue. Think I'll try one of James pedals.

m lebofsky said:
Rocktron Hex:
No problems, except - make sure to tigten the allen head bolt under the pedal every couple of months or the pedal will move around just enough to kick in "auto-engage" when you lest expect it !

Already learned that one.. ha ha.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom