Wish FREQOUT digitech...?

Cliffs said in the past it can't be done due to trademarks iirc, but Mark Day has something as a bit of a workaround on one of his presets, possibly the factory one.

Mike's Rebel Yell preset has a good feedback simulation which I think was inspired by Marks ideas

It's worth doing some digging on some of the old posts on the subject

Cliffs said in the past it can't be done due to trademarks iirc

That's disappointing.

FWIW, I do own a FreqOut and like it. It would be very frustrating to find out that their patent/trademark somehow prevents someone from implementing something similar. But...it could be improved anyway. The release behavior is pretty limiting. It's worth "playing around" IMO, but it is something that you have to play around rather than just using.

Cliffs said in the past it can't be done due to trademarks iirc,
Do you have a link to that?

Mark Day has something as a bit of a workaround on one of his presets,
He had one that works based on compression, which gives a "feedback-like effect" under certain circumstances, but that's not how a FreqOut works. Simeon posted a preset that uses a synth block, which is more like a FreqOut. Neither approach IMHO works as well as a FreqOut though. However, a FreqOut isn't perfect and falls short of true feedback.

+1
As I understand, trademark iirc is spread to names of products or technological realisation
But digital feedbacker with harmonics for guitar is idea, not very young idea
And if it possible create your own algorythm and name it for example "Cliff's Harmonical Feedbacker" I dont't understand which problems with it?))

PS: what about trademarks iirc for Amps Schematic or overdrive pedals, or any other real pedal modelled in digital guitar processors like Axe (excluding names of it? of course)? )))

+1
As I understand, trademark iirc is spread to names of products or technological realisation
But digital feedbacker with harmonics for guitar is idea, not very young idea
And if it possible create your own algorythm and name it for example "Cliff's Harmonical Feedbacker" I dont't understand which problems with it?))

PS: what about trademarks iirc for Amps Schematic or overdrive pedals, or any other real pedal modelled in digital guitar processors like Axe (excluding names of it? of course)? )))
The issue is about patents, not trademarks.

A trademark references a name. A schematic isn't going to be a trademark.

yeah, the synth method works better than the compressor method, imo (the compressor method was also my idea as well, mark day just happened to make a video about it). i actually prefer it slightly to the freqout (i have one) for monophonic feedback simulation and it only uses one block instead of two.

Last edited:
yeah, the synth method works better than the compressor method, imo (the compressor method was also my idea as well, mark day just happened to make a video about it). i actually prefer it slightly to the freqout (i have one) for monophonic feedback simulation.
do you have that preset available to try or buy, couldnt see it on that download link abive.

moved my response on how to do it into it's own thread

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-it-with-the-synth-block.190919/#post-2371661

ps - if you only need feedback on one particular chord (as an effect in a certain song), then you don't need the pitch track stuff. just set the frequency to whatever you need it to be with tracking off and the synth will basically ignore anything you're actually playing and just generate a tone at the desired frequency, which you can fade in when needed.

and don't be tempted to fade in too quickly. it sounds coolest when you actually have both tones happening at once during the transition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom