Fremen's V 11.05 presets

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Presets updated to 11.05 :)

Please watch in HQ for a better sound !

Details and download link here :

Fremen's guitar blog: Axe Fx II presets v 11.05

EDIT : there was a small mistake in the user IRs list (the screenshot in the RAR file), I just fixed it. IR 48 is blank, and IR N°50 is in fact 4X12 G12 65W 57 from the 4th folder of Fractal Mad Oak pack. Only one preset was affected by the mistake.

Also watch this video for more details about scenes/expression pedals etc.
Although that was for a previous firmware, most of mys settings are still the same :

Comments, suggestions, questions... shoot !

EDIT 27/10/2013 : Now that I've had the time, here's some more infos about the video demo :

1) For preset 002 (071 in the video), I used a new source for tonematching an acoustic guitar. Having just read that Alex Lifeson tonematched a Black Crowes song, I used the same. All my other presets containing the acoustic simulator chain (multicomp-GEQ-Para EQ-Tone Match blocks) still uses my previous tonematch settings, which was a recording of a friends electro-acoustic guitar). Those presets are 021, 062, 115, 128, 331.
Presets 001 and 114 are specifically for the acoustic model of the Variax JTV guitar

2) preset 321, "Marillion Clean", is originally from another user but I changed it a lot over the various firmwares, and the JC120 model itself changed a lot too

3) Preset 331, "Triple clean + Shimmer", combines three different clean sounds (the three lines that goes into the mixer block) and a shimmer effect. I had to edit that one while recording because when the Axe is used as a DAW interface, I had a CPU warning.

4) For preset 335, "The Wall pt 1", I modified the stock preset "Velvet sun". I use my own amp/cab/delay/flanger/reverb settings over the line with the wha/reverb

5) "Crystal echoes V11**" (preset 347) is a stock preset in which I use my own amp/cab/multicomp settings. I do that a lot on the special effects presets

6) The three "Astral flight" presets ( N° 362, 305, 306) originates back to 1993, that's a song I wrote back then (it's on youtube : Astral flight - YouTube - sorry for the cheesy clip!). At the time I programmed those effects on a Boss SE50

7) Preset N°125 is originally from Yek, N°126 from Simeon and Clarky ; in both I use my own lead sounds. Again, see this video for more details on those presets, on N°127 "TDR's looper lead" and on most of my go to presets : Fremen's V10 axe Fx presets - YouTube

8.) Preset 117 "Arabic harmonies" and 118 "Major penta harmonies" both uses custom scales. On the video @ 5:38 you can see my expression pedal moves on preset 117. Here's the custom scales for them, for a guitar tuned in Eb. If you tune in E standard, you'll need to play in Eb arabic for preset "Arabic harmonies", and Ab major for the "Major penta harmonies"

Arabic harmonies : Custom scales 3 (Voice 1) and 4 (voice 2)
Major penta harmonies : Custom scales 5 (Voice 1) and 6 (Voice 2)
Custom scale 3 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 4 semi, 3, 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3.
Custom scale 4 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 7 semi, 9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 6, 7.
Custom scale 5 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 3 semi, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 3, 4.
Custom scale 6 : starting from 'A' SHIFT : 8 semi, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7, 7, 8, 7.

Who can guess what lead I'm playing with preset 118 @ 5:44 on the video ? :)

9) Preset 20, "TDR FAS Modern LEAD", also uses two custom scales, to play "Rock you like a hurricane" leads in Eb. Watch the video at 6:02, scene 5 is for a small part, scene 4 a longer part, and scene 1 for the straight (no harmony) part.
Custom scale 9 : 4 5 4 3 4 3 3 4 3 4 3 5
Cutom scale 10 : 4 5 4 3 5 3 3 4 3 4 3 5

10) I double tracked the heavy rhythm presets (13, 14, 159, 15, from 06:16 on the video) to show how they would sound with standard recording techniques. All those riffs are from songs I wrote

11) For preset 122 (7:08-7:22 on the video) I'm morphing between two amp sounds, and changing the pickup selector between 4 and 5 (bridge) a few times

12) I got the Cab settings on preset 261, "Fat Plexi 100W Jump", from user Tonic (Nabstud on the French guitariste.com forum)

13) Preset 235 (7:37 on the video) is of of the few where I use an IR I captured from a Kemper

14) Preset 252 is originally from our favorite cook master from Sveeeden, I didn't change it a lot

Last edited:
I'll make love to you like, you want me to
And I'll hold you tight, baby, all through the night
I'll make love to you when you want me to
And I will not let go, 'til you tell me to

Fremen you da man! Your older preset were some of the best I have tried on this site. Can't wait to try them. Unfortunately my setup is at the bar from last night and we have a gig tonight too so I can check them out till tomorrow! Doh!!

Thank You man..amazing... Incredible to listen to the sounds and your playing. I will probably tomorrow have the chance to use your presets and I'll probably pick a few for my gig next saturday, when I play loud with my 2 Matrix Q12a's.:lol

Thanks guys. There was a small mistake in the user IRs list (the screenshot in the RAR file), I just fixed it. IR 48 is blank, and IR N°50 is in fact 4X12 G12 65W 57 from the 4th folder of Fractal Mad Oak pack. Only one preset was affected by the mistake.

Ok, noob question here, but how do you review, and save the presets that you like when the downloaded files are.entire.banks in the axefx? ( I'm just worried about losing my own presets and uploading all of Freman's by mistake) thanks!

Back
Top Bottom