Freeze pedal

Hi

I have a Roland EV5 Expression Pedal in ext1 of my MFC101. I calibrated, but I can't get the Freeze Function with the Pedal.
Anything I must set in the Midi Function of the MFC or The Axe FX II ?

Thxs for your help

does the pedal work with other patches? if not, then you'll need to troubleshoot the pedal operation. that's probably best dealt with in it's own thread.

if you get it working properly and you still have problems with this patch, then come back and we'll try and and fix it

and is it still working like a volume pedal when you load this patch?

we need to figure out what CC number it's sending. if it's 9, 10 or 11 then that's tied into volume by default in the axe, i think (can't check because i've changed those values in mine)

you'll need to disconnect that functionality by changing volume in the axe from whatever it is to "none" and then changing "external 1" to the cc number your pedal is sending out

this means you'll also be able to use the pedal for other functions in your other patches, by tying external 1 to a volume block, or wah, or delay input gain etc etc

i'm making an assumption here, because i don't have enough information, so i may be completely worng

Last edited:
Yes it is working like a volume pedal in the freeze patch- On my Axe FX the CC Number for Output Volume 1 and 2 is set to 11.

In the Midi Menu of the MFC :
XP1 #011 ch01 Beg PDL

in the I/O Menu of my AXE FX under CTRL,
ext CTRL1 is set to Pedal

well try this -

in the mfc, change cc11 to cc1 for that pedal

in the axe fx ctrl section, change external 1 from "pedal" to "1"

then you'll be able to use the patch

your pedal will now no longer operate as a volume control as before, so you'll need to drop a volume block into your patches and connect the "volume" parameter to external 1. might seem like a hassle, but you'll have the advantage of being able to place the volume block before...or after...your amp. sounds very different either way. you'll also be able to use it for wah etc etc

just glad to be able to help. once you've set the pedal up as External 1, here are some simple examples of what you can do with it - just turn on the bypassed blocks one at a time and see what the pedal does.

cheers!

sim

ps - apologies if the guitar tone is terrible in this patch - i have a stinking cold and i can't hear anything at all at the moment!

Hi Simeon

I will surely test the Exit Examples.syx. I have so much to learn, especially with the whole Modifier possibilities.
Feel free to post any of your patches or examples. I have so much fun with it. A ot more fun than to have the 29865.Version of a van halen like Patch.

and of course get well soon.

Gotta love this box - and this community!

I lacked a bit of sustain on my Gretsch for the slide solo in U2's "Magnificent". A quick search on the forum got me to this thread, a couple of minutes of reading the Wiki and the manual - and Bob's my uncle. "Repeat hold" on both delays in my preset assigned to one of my Mission pedals, and I can keep the tone going for as long as I like. Magnificent, indeed! :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom