Wish Freely Assign Switches

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
the mfc mk3 has all the functionality i need except i'd like to freely assign switches.

i.e row 1 = IA's, row 2 = scenes, row 3 = presets

but also the reveal, edit, up and down functions. i'd like to put TAP on the 6th switch row 1, TUNE on the 6th switch row 2, REVEAL on the 6th switch row 3.

The 3 switches across the top as: bank down, back up and edit.

For me, this puts the most used functions closet. Possible?

EDIT: this is how i would use switch assignments. if they were freely assignable you could change them around as little; or all of them; as YOU wish!

Last edited:
I asked this question some time ago
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-w...c-101-ability-move-[down-up-edit-reveal].html

I would LOVE to be able to move those right-column buttons to the top row. My expression pedals (a pair of EV-1 pedals, and a Mission wah style pedal) are on the right side of my pedalboard. The EV-1 that is closest to the MFC-101 is almost exactly at the same height as the EDIT and REVEAL buttons, and when using that controller, if your foot is even a little off to the left side of the pedal, it's very easy to accidentally step on those buttons. In addition, it would be better to have more commonly used buttons on that row, and put EDIT and REVEAL at the very top of the board.

The conjecture from the FAS community on this forum is that it might be physically impossible to reassign those right-hand buttons. Fractal hasn't weighed in on this, so we don't have an official answer. It seems unlikely to me to that those four buttons are hardwired to those functions. Given the flexibility in the rest of the button reassignment capabilities, it would be odd if those four were unable to be moved.

Back
Top Bottom