FREE - Caligula's Horse - Moments From Ephemeral City

samvallen

So after a year or so in production I'm proud to announce that my passion project "Moments From Ephemeral City" is finished and ready for consumption.

Download the entire thing for "Pay what you want" ($0 if you like) at: Caligula's Horse

Although I've posted a fair few samplers and patches along the way, for those who haven't heard anything Caligula's Horse is an eclectic prog project, somewhere between Frost, Porcupine Tree, Devin Townsend, Opeth and Steely Dan. Practically everything was done with my beloved Axe FX Ultra.

Tell me what you think guys, and if you like it you could even jump onto our facebook: Caligula's Horse | Facebook and give us your "like".

Finally, if there's any patches or sounds you like, I'll be glad to post them, just hit me up;)

Thanks all!

[EDITED]

I've attached some of the more interesting .syx patches for your interest: The soft XTC crunch/rhythm, the heavier Recto rhythm and two of my solo sounds. The tracking ring mod can be heard in the solo section of the track "Silence" off of my album.

Also, just a little note: anyone who pays $10 or more for my album will receive a hard copy in the first pressing, which I intend on doing in the next couple of months. Certainly don't feel obligated, it's just a nice little incentive;)

Hope you like the sounds!

Attachments

• Rhythm Recto.syx
    2 KB · Views: 99
  • Lead Cornford Rmod.syx
    2 KB · Views: 92
  • Lead Cornford.syx
    2 KB · Views: 74
  • Rhythm XTC.syx
    2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Cool, I was just wondering the other day when you were going to release this. I like Jim Grey a lot, he reminds of Maynard James Keenan, and I really enjoyed "Alone in the World" when you posted it earlier. I'll definitely d/l and drop some $.

d/l'ed it, burned it to a CD, and I'm going to listen to it on the way to a Sharks (hockey) game tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I downloaded today and have to admit that I was a cheap bastard and downloaded for free. I am embarassed I was so cheap since as I listened to it I find I really, really, like your musical style and phrasing. It is excellent and I will pass it along to others. All guitar work done with the Axe?

Around 90% of the guitar tones are the Axe, I also used an Engl Powerball, a Mesa Mark 1, and an Orange Tiny Terror here and there.

Don't feel guilty about not paying for it, just recommend it to a friend or two!

Thanks!

I would bump this every now and then Sam..people take time getting to check things out!

But its well worth checking out people and some great playing!!!!

Very nicely done. I love your style, and this newly released Gem is Killer! :mrgreen

I also have downloaded several of your amazing sounding presets ... Amazing talent my friend. Keep up the good work and.... Rock On!

Johnny

Thanks Johnny. As soon as a set the Fractal up again I'll update this thread with some of the notable patches from the album....

I have it loaded in my car and have listened to it quite a few times now. Still really liking it and have handed out a couple copies of it at my local music store to show what the Axe Fx can do in the hands of someone that can really play guitar unlike my lame ass

Back
Top Bottom