Fredrik Thordendal - Sol Niger Within Sample

Ringleader said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5YEqmIIdj8

I especially like the part at 2:04-2:06 where you catch a glimpse of the alien that is living within him regaining control of his body.

1:06, Fredrik approves! :lol:

Very much like that tone!! Can you explain what kind of Amps, settings etc you used ?

Much appreciated....

thanks tjkili

tjkili said:
Very much like that tone!! Can you explain what kind of Amps, settings etc you used ?
Much appreciated...
thanks tjkili

Sure thing. I haven't had a chance to save out the preset to the computer yet but I can tell you what's going on in the chain.

First is a HP filter with the envelope trick that Cliff posted to make for a nice tight sound.

Then a T808 Mod Drive block. Set drive to zero, tone 75%, level 75%. Everything else standard.

Then a Recto New amp. Drive 4, bass 1.7, mid 0.6, treb 2.6, Presence -2, depth 0, damp 5, sag 4, master 7.44, level 0, high cut freq 6988Hz.

Next 4x12 V30 (mono hires) cab & 87A Cond mic.

I use one PEQ to scoop a lot of mids around 800Hz, Q 0.4, Gain -12. I also zero in on some mud around 200Hz with a narrow Q. I also pull down around 2700Hz because the frequency annoys the hell out of me.

Also a LP filter at the end. ~4000Hz frequency and 0.3 Q to kill some of the really fizzy gain.

I must mention too that I use a global eq setting -3db 63hz, -9db 125hz, -6db 250hz, -3db 500hz.

Tandjent,

I read a post of yours recently on Sevenstring.org...
"I recently bought an Axe-FX Ultra and I'm planning on some experimenting this weekend to see how well the 33 controller works. There are many controllable parameters. If I had to bet, I would say Fredrik is using the 33 controller this way now but I'm not positive. I have been corresponding with him via email and have put the question to him. Hopefully I hear something back soon."...

So how did the experimenting go? Which parameters did you end up controlling with the 33? I'm looking at getting someone to build me one of those from the schematics.
And did you get an answer from Fredrik?

Oh and as an aside, I've been using your "Modifier attached to the Drive parameter in your amp sim" tip along with Cliff's envelope tip and the combination works great :)

Any chance of a .syx yet? :)

Failing that though, given your global EQ settings, could one just add a second PEQ at the end of the signal chain to make those adjustments without having to also match your global settings?

Dear God Please do. I Love this Gem of a record,and the tone is so unique and amazing. Anytime spent going out of your way would be a huge and humble thanks from a majority of us djenters out there.

Back
Top Bottom