FracTool - for power users only

If it’s a problem in Apple’s OS, then why doesn’t it affect Axe-Edit III and FM-Edit?
FM3 doesn't use midi, first. Then idk but why does it work here? In general the difference between 2 systems explains the problem and here the difference is the os version... Ans as i said Apple regularly screws things in updates...

anyone got a answer to this question it is doing my head in. I have my AX8 plugged in powered on i open Fractool to convert presets and the Fractool program is sending who am i , not connected. Has anyone had this before. Point to note is my AX8 is only plugged in i have not connected it to guitar or monitor.

anyone got a answer to this question it is doing my head in. I have my AX8 plugged in powered on i open Fractool to convert presets and the Fractool program is sending who am i , not connected. Has anyone had this before. Point to note is my AX8 is only plugged in i have not connected it to guitar or monitor.
Shut down ax8edit or fractalbot, ax8 is monoclient

Hi - I'm new to the Fractal world and am a recent owner of the Axe 3. I have tried downloading some Holdsworth presets for older products from axechange. When I convert them, most of them sound like they're underwater. Any advice what I could do to correct them, or do some presets simply don't properly convert? Thank-you.

Hi - I'm new to the Fractal world and am a recent owner of the Axe 3. I have tried downloading some Holdsworth presets for older products from axechange. When I convert them, most of them sound like they're underwater. Any advice what I could do to correct them, or do some presets simply don't properly convert? Thank-you.
They were made on different axefx , with old firmware... Expected

Bypass all effects except AMP and CAB. Try to get a decent tone from there, tweaking only the AMP (if you can't get a good tone, take note of the gain/EQ/master and basic controls, reset the AMP block, and tweak it again). Then add the effects one by one, tweaking if necessary

Last edited:
Bypass all effects except AMP and CAB. Try to get a decent tone from there, tweaking only the AMP (if you can't get a good tone, take note of the gain/EQ/master and basic controls, reset the AMP block, and tweak it again). Then add the effects one by one, tweaking if necessary
Awesome. Thx!

Is it possible to export in a xls file, all amp and cab combinations for each scene in each preset using Fractool ?

Thank you

@AlGrenadine My old Air is running 10.9.5 and I can't update it.

Am I out of luck for running FracTool or is there an archive version I could use? My main use is to convert FM3 presets to AF3.

@AlGrenadine My old Air is running 10.9.5 and I can't update it.

Am I out of luck for running FracTool or is there an archive version I could use? My main use is to convert FM3 presets to AF3.
Then use FM3-Edit and Axe-Edit III if they'll run on it. They convert without problems as long as the AF3 preset conforms to the FM3 requirements. If the preset doesn't then the editor tries to maintain the preset as much as possible and you can move the outlying blocks as you see fit to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom