FracTool - for power users only

Hi,
Can fractool convert a XL bundle to an AXE FX 2 bundle, including the cab? I've tried to do so, and import the bundlte to axe edit, but had errors:
Error: Unable to set destination cab slot for import operation.
And I do not see any cabs in the scratchpad.

Hi,
Can fractool convert a XL bundle to an AXE FX 2 bundle, including the cab? I've tried to do so, and import the bundlte to axe edit, but had errors:
Error: Unable to set destination cab slot for import operation.
And I do not see any cabs in the scratchpad.
Hi,
Yes it used to work but i haven't tried in recent firmwares.
Why not open the bundle directly in FracTool with your axefx connected?

The fractool software disappear From my computer and when I try to reinstall it this Appears
What to do?

Attachments

• fractool.jpg
    fractool.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 21
I have an XL+. If I want to use presets made on a Mark I/II, should I convert them first? I understand XL can open them alright, but will Fractool give advantages if used to convert them before opening in the XL?

I have an XL+. If I want to use presets made on a Mark I/II, should I convert them first? I understand XL can open them alright, but will Fractool give advantages if used to convert them before opening in the XL?
Don't sweat the conversion. If they load up fine by themselves, you're done.

Don't sweat the conversion. If they load up fine by themselves, you're done.
It's because I've got some presets that seems to sound great for everyone else, but for me they're not. So I'm wondering if Fractool conversion would be different than if I just import them to the XL directly and let the machine do the conversion?

It's because I've got some presets that seems to sound great for everyone else, but for me they're not. So I'm wondering if Fractool conversion would be different than if I just import them to the XL directly and let the machine do the conversion?

Only one way to find out for sure right ;)

My suspicion is "no, same thing", but it's free to try both ways to two different slots and report back your findings on the test. Ya know, for science :)

Reactions: Rex
What @h.c.e. said.

Different guitars, different rigs...not always the same sound. :)

Also, once you've loaded in a preset, try resetting the amp block. Depending on what firmware version the preset was created on, that can "rescue" a preset that doesn't seem right.

What @h.c.e. said.

Different guitars, different rigs...not always the same sound. :)

Also, once you've loaded in a preset, try resetting the amp block. Depending on what firmware version the preset was created on, that can "rescue" a preset that doesn't seem right.

I know about different guitars and all that.
This is something else, they sound like you take a high gain preset made for guitar, and play them with a bass. No tightness at all when palm muting, with a long tail of buzz.
There's definitely something weird going on.

Only one way to find out for sure right ;)

My suspicion is "no, same thing", but it's free to try both ways to two different slots and report back your findings on the test. Ya know, for science :)
No same thing exactly, if i remember correctly AxeEdit II=>XL conversion misses some bypass states, unless it's been fixed since

Al, I tried converting a bundle created for the AxeFX dropping it onto the AX8 icon. FracTool posted a lot of data and an error code 18. At that point in time I didn't know it was a bundle. Converting it to disk and import it in AxeEdit worked fine. I suggest to improve the error message a bit if possible. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom