FracTool - for power users only

Sorry for asking a stupid question that has been addressed already, I'm sure. How do I get individual presets from saved banks? I haven't tried loading entire banks. Can it do this? Obviously I want to convert earlier presets in Banks, some not saved individually from IIxx to III.
Just convert the bank and save it to your computer. Then open the bank in Axe Manage Presets and pull out what you want.

Sorry for asking a stupid question that has been addressed already, I'm sure. How do I get individual presets from saved banks? I haven't tried loading entire banks. Can it do this? Obviously I want to convert earlier presets in Banks, some not saved individually from IIxx to III.
Open the bank in FracTool, save as individual presets

I've been trying to find a decent way to move user cabs from one location to another, and I figured that Fractool would have that, though I can't seem to find that functionality.

The closest I got is:

1. go to "CabList", get a list with "Cab -> Presets". That will give me a list of all presets that use a particular cab
2. for each cab I want to move, first copy the cab to the new location; then get the list of presets that use this cab (with #1) and change them to point to the new location; lastly delete the cab from the old location

I figured there ought to be a more automated way of doing this. Am I missing something? FWIW I have an AX8

I've been trying to find a decent way to move user cabs from one location to another, and I figured that Fractool would have that, though I can't seem to find that functionality.

The closest I got is:

1. go to "CabList", get a list with "Cab -> Presets". That will give me a list of all presets that use a particular cab
2. for each cab I want to move, first copy the cab to the new location; then get the list of presets that use this cab (with #1) and change them to point to the new location; lastly delete the cab from the old location

I figured there ought to be a more automated way of doing this. Am I missing something? FWIW I have an AX8
No

The closest I got is:

Try 'Axe-Manage Cabs' in the 'Tools' menu of 'AX8-Edit'. You can drag and drop one, or multiple cabs, where ever you want.

Just be aware that any presets that already use any of those user cab slots will still be using those same slots, no mater what IR is (or isn't) there.

I made a backup of my mk2 and tried to upload the user cabs into XL+. The Fractool asks which cab bank I want to use, but bank A sent the cabs to user slots 190 ->, bank B resulted in 198 ->.

No problem, I moved them in AxeEdit, but it might be a bug?

I made a backup of my mk2 and tried to upload the user cabs into XL+. The Fractool asks which cab bank I want to use, but bank A sent the cabs to user slots 190 ->, bank B resulted in 198 ->.

No problem, I moved them in AxeEdit, but it might be a bug?
Maybe, i don't have a xl or ii anymore so that will remain

Could I make 1 simple suggestion?

Make it possible to ignore the upgrade. It just announced 3.06 and I don't want to download it (don't have a AXE III) but I cannot. And the download is soooo slow. (Like a 19 baud modem, if there are still people who remember this) It shows 2 hours left to download. And I have 150mbps up & down connection. I would love to offer another hosting site that would improve speeds.

It is the server side of things, because I can typically download 12MB per second.
If there is a mirror site somewhere instead of the archive.axefx.fr I would love to know it.

I want to use it right now, and I can't because I have to wait 2-3 hours for it to get here.
Other than that I'm an avid fan of the tool and even donated.

Thanks,
James

Could I make 1 simple suggestion?

Make it possible to ignore the upgrade. It just announced 3.06 and I don't want to download it (don't have a AXE III) but I cannot. And the download is soooo slow. (Like a 19 baud modem, if there are still people who remember this) It shows 2 hours left to download. And I have 150mbps up & down connection. I would love to offer another hosting site that would improve speeds.

It is the server side of things, because I can typically download 12MB per second.
If there is a mirror site somewhere instead of the archive.axefx.fr I would love to know it.

I want to use it right now, and I can't because I have to wait 2-3 hours for it to get here.
Other than that I'm an avid fan of the tool and even donated.

Thanks,
James
Won't happen
The server is hosted on a very fast network, so it's an interconnection problem from your ISP...

OK, That was quick, I will try a different ISP connection right now and see if that makes a difference.

Just did. It is not lightning fast, but downloaded in 3 minutes.
Now I have to figure out why this problem exists.

I will keep on investigating. Thanks for your reply

Just did. It is not lightning fast, but downloaded in 3 minutes.
Now I have to figure out why this problem exists.

I will keep on investigating. Thanks for your reply
Well, if you're at the other side of the earth, it can be expected ;)

It turns out that when I download without having OPENDNS active it goes way faster. OpenDNS is a tool to limit access for my children to certain things on the net. Good to know.
Merci bien, Al.
But actually you are on the other side..... LOL

Just wondering why when you export a tonematch block as a .wav file, a 0kb .csv file is exported as well?
Is it just part of the export process or it was supposed to have some data in the file?
I'm just curious :)

Back
Top Bottom