FracTool - for power users only

Downloaded last night, donated this morning. I, too, would love to see compatibility with my FX8, but until then at least I can view Axe-FX and AX8 presets. Thanks!

But if one of you is ready to help on the fx8 side, it could be done remotely.... But i'd need someone very available, via facebook or something quick

What would you need?
"someone very available, via facebook or something quick" ;)
To give me presets, change few things in presets, give me presets again etc.. again and again...

Anyway, forget about it for now... i really have no time at all for this right now

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D

Hi Al! Just wanted to say thanks again for your ever improving utility. I downloaded Fractool (and donated) in its early days, but you've made this tool so much more useful I'm going to donate again. And I'd like to suggest to the rest of the Fractal community, that if you were an early adopter, and can afford to do so, please join me in showing our appreciation to Al for the work he has done, and continues to do. In the Fractal tradition, it just keeps getting better and better. Thanks again!

If you want to see a preset's layout, Block On/Off and X/Y parameters and settings, drag and drop onto the magnifying glass icon.

Dumb question du jour: drag and drop WHAT? I assume it's a preset, but from where? The Fractool UI doesn't show the presets from in the box, at least not that I can see?

From your explorer or "finder"

With apologies, I still don't understand. Is there a video with screen capture that might show how this is done? With all the uproar over updating to the new Quantum firmwares while preserving old settings, it might be a good opportunity.

Which tab is the explorer on, or how do you invoke it?

With apologies, I still don't understand. Is there a video with screen capture that might show how this is done? With all the uproar over updating to the new Quantum firmwares while preserving old settings, it might be a good opportunity.

Which tab is the explorer on, or how do you invoke it?
omg, maybe you can learn few things on how to use a computer first ;)
Are you on mac on pc ?

Good, so how would you have designed that ?

If you honestly want some solid input, I can see about putting something together for you once I have a chance to do a bit of a heuristic review on it. I'm not in front of the PC I have it installed on, and tonight I have plans with my wife, but...if I can help, I will. And again, thank you for providing this in the first place! I'll have a look at that video next.

Got it from about 9:30 on the video, so thanks for that. My mental model was that the "explorer" you were talking about was an explorer invoked from within Fractool, which would directly access the connected AxeFX.

Instead, you were talking about the Windows Explorer. So you have to have saved the presets from the AxeFX to your hard drive first, and once a preset has its own .syx file on the hard drive, that is what you drag and drop. That's what was missing for me.

Back
Top Bottom