FracTool - for power users only

I'm pretty boneheaded so could someone help me out. I'm trying to figure out exactly how to use FracTool as I'm not familiar with it. I'd like to get some of the updated factory presets onto my AxeFx II, but only some of them. I have created my own presets in place of many of them, but I would like to get the latest factory presets installed on the ones I find interesting. How exactly do I go about this? I'm on the latest firmware for the AxeFx and I have the latest update of FracTool installed. What are the steps to achieve this? I assume it is fairly easy. I've downloaded the new factory presets, and it says to use Fractal-Bot to install the banks, but I don't want the whole banks, just some of the individual presets to be placed in the slots I've got them moved to. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to get some of the updated factory presets onto my AxeFx II, but only some of them. I have created my own presets in place of many of them, but I would like to get the latest factory presets installed on the ones I find interesting. How exactly do I go about this?
When I just want to load some scattered presets into my Axe-Fx, I use Axe-Edit. It has a built-in tool called Axe-Manage Presets. You just load up the banks you want in the browser. That lets you see the individual presets inside the banks. Drag the presets you want into preset slots, and hit SAVE. Done.

I save FracTool for heavy-lifting tasks.

When I just want to load some scattered presets into my Axe-Fx, I use Axe-Edit. It has a built-in tool called Axe-Manage Presets. You just load up the banks you want in the browser. That lets you see the individual presets inside the banks. Drag the presets you want into preset slots, and hit SAVE. Done.

I save FracTool for heavy-lifting tasks.
Pretty much FracTool is faster and safer if you want to move more than about 30 presets quickly - I've had issues in Summer of 2017 selecting any more than about 10 at a time in Axe Manage. Maybe the next release of Axe Manage will fix it, but I sort of doubt that as its maybe not the purpose of Axe Manage to solve that, being that its inside of a tool with what seems a slightly different purpose.

Al,

I think the batch setting is broken. I just tried to lower all my scene1 main outputs by 4dB. The result was -20. (and no they weren't at -16 to start ;-) ).

I then reloaded my backup and tried increase by 4 and they were set to 19.99

Latest version downloaded this morning.

Al,

I think the batch setting is broken. I just tried to lower all my scene1 main outputs by 4dB. The result was -20. (and no they weren't at -16 to start ;-) ).

I then reloaded my backup and tried increase by 4 and they were set to 19.99

Latest version downloaded this morning.
Everybody can now declare wishes or bugs in FracTool 's trello :

https://trello.com/b/afW4FJkj/fractool

I will check out Trello soon...........But I've noticed that when converting from a Mk I preset to an AX8, the Multi-Delay block looses some settings. The Low and High Cuts and some other parameters that I can't recall. And some 'Scene Controller' attachments end up as 'Ctrl', and some others that I can't recall.

I will try to make a detailed list (with examples?) as I come across them.

I will check out Trello soon...........But I've noticed that when converting from a Mk I preset to an AX8, the Multi-Delay block looses some settings. The Low and High Cuts and some other parameters that I can't recall. And some 'Scene Controller' attachments end up as 'Ctrl', and some others that I can't recall.

I will try to make a detailed list (with examples?) as I come across them.
Thanks mate, yes please include a test case when declaring a problem ;)

I highly recommend using Trello for this. The learning curve is easy, and it's so much easier for us and for Al.

Okay, here is a test case. pre and post conversion preset examples included.
  • Axe-Fx II Mk I
  • Comp block 1, no 'X/Y' possible, the same comp setting in all scenes, as intended.
  • Converted to XL+
  • Comp block 'X' in scene 1, Comp block 'Y' in all other scenes?
  • Comp block setting copied to 'Y' during conversion?
  • One client claims the 'Y' settings (that are not supposed to be used) are not the same?
  • Maybe client used 'Axe-Edit' to import? If so, then not a 'FracTool issue.

Attachments

• Comp XY scenes test (8.02) (Mk 1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Comp XY scenes test (8.02)(AxeFx II XL+).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom