FracTool - for power users only

just installed it for the first time. clicking Amps Compare immediately crashes on Mac, latest OS.

now i'll try using the program :)

Gave this a go tonight.
Just tried the Axe change integration and it works really well. I found me some great building blocks for tones.
I do have quite bad UI performance in terms of resizing the window and stuff like that though but it's not a deal breaker.
the biggest problem for me is not really down to anything in your program but more to do with the compatibility of the presets and whatever firmware I may be using (3.0x) also everyone's idea of a good volume is wildly inconsistent (but they may be down to the compatibility issues)

Anyway, your pretty legendary in my book , thank you for all your work.

Thank you for this tool. Amp compare is a great option.
May I have a suggestion? It would be great to have an advance option to select which parameters I would like to preserve and which one to change to default for the selected amp (bias, hicut, crunch, compression, etc).

Thank you for this tool. Amp compare is a great option.
May I have a suggestion? It would be great to have an advance option to select which parameters I would like to preserve and which one to change to default for the selected amp (bias, hicut, crunch, compression, etc).
Good idea

I'm trying to batch convert multiple banks/presets at once by dropping files on the harddrive icon. I get to this window with no further instructions, What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 5.37.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 5.37.45 PM.png
    198 KB · Views: 25
Almost there, just click on the word "Bank", it's the Bank manger menu. You'll see options under there to "Save bank" or "Save as individual presets", and then a prompt to select which device type to convert to after you select the menu item you're after

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 3.25.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 3.25.28 PM.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 27
Almost there, just click on the word "Bank", it's the Bank manger menu. You'll see options under there to "Save bank" or "Save as individual presets", and then a prompt to select which device type to convert to after you select the menu item you're after

Thank you, I never would have guessed that's a menu.

@AlGrenadine

Hi Al;

found another little bug in the Mac-version 2.18.
AxeFx II MKII, FW Q 3.02, FracTool 2.18, Mac OS X 10.9.5

When I use the Amps Compare function and come to an empty preset, the whole window freezes.
From now I can't activate any function i.e. preset step forward or back, change the master volume,
scroll the amp-window up or down.
I can only use the others functions like CabList etc..
So I have to restart the program, to use the Amps Compare function again.

Kindly regards!
Mike
Fixed in next release

Fixed in next release

Fine ;-) Thanx!

By the way; it seems, that the problem in the tool CabList has been fixed!
Last time, I've told you about the problem under Mac OS X, that in a preset with two cabs Cab1 & Cab2,
which have exactly the same user cab, the Cab2 hasn't been shown in your cablist, you know?
That seems to be fixed, till you changed to display Cab1 X L, Cab1 X L, .....

Now it works ;-)
Don't know, if it has been coincidence ...

Regards! Good job at all!
Mike

Back
Top Bottom