FracTool - for power users only

By rthe way AxeFxSend works perfectly along AxeEdit on Windows :) Another Mac "goodie"...

Not on my system with Ax8edit - I have to close Ax8edit in order for AxeFXsend to communicate with my Ax8 - otherwise, I can only do conversions to harddrive.

Thanks Al, I had tried that as well, I get the same result whether AX8- is on or off,

Thanks Al I had tried that, get the same message when AX8 is off, I will try the usual fixes (restart , USB cord adjustment, reinstall), all the other functions seem to work ..
Can you send me the log content when it does not work (full, from the start) ?

It could be Ax8 related. The driver is quite different from the AxeFX driver. Ax8 does not have an audio interface, so it just uses a more or less generic windows midi driver.

I forgot to add that I am running on Windows 10

Can you send me the log content when it does not work (full, from the start) ?
Version : "3.02"

Usage : "AxeFxSend" <sysex file(s)>

Or drag and drop file(s) on a destination icon.

Checked for update : already latest version

Error asking amp names

Error retrieving current preset

Error asking amp names

Error asking amp names

Error asking amp names

Error asking amp names

Al - thanks for the update - AxeFxSend is a great tool.

On my system, I'm not able to get the Amp Compare function working. With the AX8, I don't get any response at all. With the Axe-Fx, it begins returning the list of amps to the window but then crashes. I don't have AX8 Edit, Axe-Edit, or any MIDI-related apps running. If I can do anything to troubleshoot, let me know.

I think i know what happens... It seems the AX8 midi is slower than AxeFx's one, so my 1000msecs timeout is not enough for the AX8 to return Amp strings...

Version 2.05 is available :
- It adds a fast mode for AMP compare function (interesting results on Windows only i guess)
- Fixes few bugs and uses larger timeout values when retrieving current patch and amp strings, so those functions should now work on AX8.

Please tell me how it works for you ;)

Last edited:
Version 2.05 is available :
- It adds a fast mode for AMP compare function (interesting results on Windows only i guess)
- Fixes few bugs and uses larger timeout values when retrieving current patch and amp strings, so those functions should now work on AX8.

Please tell me how it works for you ;)
So now at least for me on my Mac, the AMP compare will now fetch and list the amps, and the MV knob works, but I cannot switch amps....(AX8)

So now at least for me on my Mac, the AMP compare will now fetch and list the amps, and the MV knob works, but I cannot switch amps....(AX8)
Do you see the currently selected amp model ?

ALL : Please attach full log content when having a problem ;)

Back
Top Bottom