FracTool - for power users only

As you can see, the data is mangled : "Received not for me : "F0 01 74 08" a 00 byte is missing in the sysex header.
So maybe your AX8 usb cable is bad or something wrecks the data transfer

Thanks for the quick response.

Ive tried a different PC (a Windows 10 surface pro as well as windows 7 Laptop), three different USB cables - all plugged in directly to PC an AX8 and a few different IRS. So its either Fractool or my AX8 - that's the only two things in common. I can send IRs to the AX8 with AX8-Edit, so that's working over USB. Looks like I'll have to use that and just manually send them to audition them - not as quick but it works.

Thanks for your support in trying to fix this.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ive tried a different PC (a Windows 10 surface pro as well as windows 7 Laptop), three different USB cables - all plugged in directly to PC an AX8 and a few different IRS. So its either Fractool or my AX8 - that's the only two things in common. I can send IRs to the AX8 with AX8-Edit, so that's working over USB. Looks like I'll have to use that and just manually send them to audition them - not as quick but it works.

Thanks for your support in trying to fix this.
Fixed in next release, but the transfer will be much slower on AX8... sending the whole file to the AX8 results in mangled data i don't know why

Hey Tom, yes if you have the file specs i'm interested :)
More seriously, i've been able to understand few things so far with the help of some III customers but will definitely need to have the beast in order get a way to convert

Hey Tom, yes if you have the file specs i'm interested :)
More seriously, i've been able to understand few things so far with the help of some III customers but will definitely need to have the beast in order get a way to convert
We could do midi over network and I could setup an iPad facing the front of the III using facetime = instant access. If buttons need pressing just say so!

Thanks for this great tool. I had some issues:
1. I could only convert files from Axe II to AX8 when I had the Axe II connected via USB. This happened even though I already had all the Axe II presets that I wanted to convert uploaded on my computer and loaded them from there. When I tried to convert with the AX8 connected the program stopped.
2. The program would stop quite often and some presets did not seem possible to convert. This was when the Axe II was connected.

Thanks for this great tool. I had some issues:
1. I could only convert files from Axe II to AX8 when I had the Axe II connected via USB. This happened even though I already had all the Axe II presets that I wanted to convert uploaded on my computer and loaded them from there. When I tried to convert with the AX8 connected the program stopped.
2. The program would stop quite often and some presets did not seem possible to convert. This was when the Axe II was connected.
Hi,
I need a reproduction scheme with presets producing the problem ;)

Hi,
I need a reproduction scheme with presets producing the problem ;)

What do you mean by reproduction scheme?

Other problem I encountered now was that when I upload the converted files to my AX8, suddenly I have no input signal going into the AX8 anymore. It does not even work will old presets on the AX8. The are no lights showing signal coming in... If I restart the AX8 it works again though, but after I try to upload converted presets. Only a couple would load and then I would get the problems of no input signal..

What do you mean by reproduction scheme?

Other problem I encountered now was that when I upload the converted files to my AX8, suddenly I have no input signal going into the AX8 anymore. It does not even work will old presets on the AX8. The are no lights showing signal coming in... If I restart the AX8 it works again though, but after I try to upload converted presets. Only a couple would load and then I would get the problems of no input signal..
I mean exact steps to reproduce and data involved. So presets used and step by step reproduction. Also firmwares and OSes used.
So a true bug report ;)

I mean exact steps to reproduce and data involved. So presets used and step by step reproduction. Also firmwares and OSes used.
So a true bug report ;)

Ok. If you PM me and give me your email I can send you the preset. I have the latest firmwire for the AX8 and Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom