Fractal's new "Smart Car"- the AxeCar

svl

Power User
Yesterday I had an outdoor gig (thankfully the last of the season, as it was cold as hell) and there was a slight chance of rain. So far this year I've had gigs completely rained out three times and another two instances where I got rained on (one of which was a baaaaaad storm), so I've taken a very active stance on being prepared for such occasions making sure I have all manner of tarps and covers and bungies at the ready. Yesterday I set a new standard, however- I literally ran my rig from my car. Was able to pull right up next to the stage, never even pulled my rack out of the car. Ran the cabling through the window, then taped off the slit to ensure complete waterproofing. Worked like a charm, rig ran flawlessly for the entire 4 hour gig. Best part was packing up, simply a breeze- just slapped the lids back on, cased up my guitars and drove off into the sunset.
Side note- not one freaking drop of rain fell. So in addition to ingeniously waterproofing my rig, my actions also acted as an "anti-rain dance" which kept the festivities and attendees dry as a bone.
Here's a couple shots showcasing ol' Zero's creativity at work...

On the subject of water proofing use some marine grade water protection solvents for pedals that need to stay outside. The stuff is highly hydrophobic so when water gets on it or even things get submersed in it will prevent conductivity/shorts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009H1AMG/ref=s9_hps_bw_g200_i3 Corrosion X heavy duty

Also either some closed cell neoprene or some 2" weather stripping stuck to itself and then just use that for the window gap instead. Wont mark up your nice paint, and wont require as much cleanup.

Tsun, was a last minute sitch. I had the painters tape on hand, it worked a charm and didn't leave any residue on the car. No clean-up whatsoever. :)

i figured, a good spur of the moment solution are always some of the best.

I do a lot of water proofing of electronics so figured I would share my knowledge.

i figured, a good spur of the moment solution are always some of the best.

I do a lot of water proofing of electronics so figured I would share my knowledge.
And super appreciated. Definitely going to look into the solvents you mentioned. :)

LOL!! Now just mount a wedge on a telescoping pole to pop out of the sun roof and you may not even need to get out next time :)

Reactions: svl
Don't use a monitor, IEMs and direct to FOH. All I need to do is fit the MFC & expressions between the gas & brake and I'd be happy as a pig in a poke.... or more aptly a he in a Hyundai. :)

But ... you are Batman! :shock

Why yes I am...

attachment.php

And there's a lot more where that came from, ol' chum. ;)

Attachments

• f08f76_8e5f86f2d8ef4c4c9e11a8f6ad44a31d.jpg_srb_p_900_1188_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg
    f08f76_8e5f86f2d8ef4c4c9e11a8f6ad44a31d.jpg_srb_p_900_1188_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 386
I used to have a "proper" studio, in the end it was all Adat (was 1/2" originally). I kept that last Adat in case I ever wanted to go through old tapes.

Much more Batman stuff, that's just a sampling. Here's a little more-

Back
Top Bottom