Fractal Whammy issue

Also, if that's the case is there any reason for me to have the mission pedal that can be used with the fractal

This is the pedal I got. Let me know guessing this isn't compatible to run a whammy or control delay etc. like I'm looking for and I need the fractal expression pedal that's in the video. If you can, let me know what this pedal can be used for with the fractal so I can either utilize it or sell it. Thanks!
the top of all the pedals look the same. but it looks like a volume pedal. it is an analog volume pedal. it can't control anything on the fractal, only the analog volume signal from your guitar.

mission ep-1
EP-1 stands for "Expression Pedal" so that's the one you want.

you need to use a TRS to TRS cable. confirm that you're plugging into the correct pedal port. confirm that the pedal port is the correct External Controller in I/O CTRL menu. confirm that the correct External Controller is selected in the Modifier menu.

Your ep1 should work for all of those.

You said you have one input and two outputs...

Is the input and output 2 plugged or blanked?

Try my Golden Whammy too... (google "Fractal golden whammy").
People love it even more than the "Auto Engage" version!

What Chris said....

You def have the right pedal. Confirm all Chris mentions above. Trs to trs cable etc. there’s only one pedal port since the others are blanked.

Imma try that golden whammy thing M@ mentions myself as well!!!

EP-1 stands for "Expression Pedal" so that's the one you want.

you need to use a TRS to TRS cable. confirm that you're plugging into the correct pedal port. confirm that the pedal port is the correct External Controller in I/O CTRL menu. confirm that the correct External Controller is selected in the Modifier menu.

I did guy a trs to trs cable to go from pedal input 1 to the ep-1 output 1 since the input 1 and output 2 are plugged.

I followed the guys video 100% and still no luck. I/o is correct and right clicking to modify to pedal 1 in the controls.

Only thing I can think is for my instrument cable do I also need a trs cable?

Only other thing I can think is I got a bad pedal even tho I’ve never used it. Has been sitting in a room for 4 years.

That is odd... I think normally it would stay at the bottom if it gets no input from the pedal.

Does it change if you unplug?

Try using External 2 / Pedal 2 instead...
I did try using external 2 also and same thing. Really confusing that it isn’t working. Is there a chance the pedal is bad even tho I’ve never used it?

Also to clarify I can use an instrument cable going to the fractal. Just need trs cable going from pedal to the pedal board?

Only thing I can think is for my instrument cable do I also need a trs cable?
Also to clarify I can use an instrument cable going to the fractal. Just need trs cable going from pedal to the pedal board?
From the pedal to the pedal board? What pedal board? Instrument cable to the Fractal? The Fractal is something different than the pedal board? Instrument cable for what, your guitar? These statements are very confusing. You’re using an AX8 right?

There's an MFC-101 in his photo on page 1.

If you're controlling an Axe-FX from an expression pedal connected to the MFC, the Ext Ctrl (Axe I/O: CTRL menu) needs to be set to some CC#, not Pedal 1 or Pedal 2. The MFC XP port needs to be set to the same CC#.

By default MFC XP2 should control Axe-FX Ext Ctrl 1 by sending CC#16. If you haven't changed any MFC XP settings this may work if you try it after setting Ext Ctrl 1 back to CC#16 on the Axe-FX.

so he's using an MFC-101 to control an AX8? or did he post in the wrong forum? that's probably causing all the confusion.

@ericswim please name all the gear you are using. this has been so confusing.

if you're actually using the MFC, follow this video:

so he's using an MFC-101 to control an AX8? or did he post in the wrong forum? that's probably causing all the confusion.

@ericswim please name all the gear you are using. this has been so confusing.

if you're actually using the MFC, follow this video:

This video makes sense. Won’t be able to set my gear back up until tomorrow but will let you know if it works.

I am using the mfc101. Just Ethernet cable to the mfc from fractal and trs to trs from mfc to ep-1.
Thanks for this video. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom