Fractal user reviews TONEX Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes Kemper to come out with a small, pedalboard friendly unit now. The aggressive pricing on ToneX is really going to put them in a difficult spot in terms of regaining market share if they do intend to release a smaller pedal. IK is definitely trying to gain market share quickly with this move - we'll see if it works.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Kemper to come out with a small, pedalboard friendly unit now. The aggressive pricing on ToneX is really going to put them in a difficult spot in terms of regaining market share if they do intend to release a smaller pedal. IK is definitely trying to gain market share quickly with this move - we'll see if it works.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the pricing isn’t almost a lose leader type of thing just to get a big chunk of the market to buy into the IK ecosystem and hopefully buy into their other products and stuff too.

Price it pretty cheap, give them the taste of amplitude free too, sell them on the other hardware effects boxes, vst reverb and tape emulation collections etc

The guy from Studio Rats has praised the Axe Fx in many videos, making clear it was not at all endorsed, I actually remember in one he said the response from Fractal to a request for demo unit was not what he expected, let’s say.

I am personally getting bored of so many reviews, upon every new release my YouTube feed gets filled with demos of the same product and in all of them it is great. I just stick now to a couple people with Australian accent, all due respect to the rest for sure, to keep myself up to date with the gear news.

Does it at least have basic post everything tone controls of some kind, like "damn this all glass windows room is way too bright"? Or do you have to provide those externally?
Yes, you pick pre or post. Parametric Freq control for each BMT and a gain.

Solid software in a niche. It will not replace devices for people that need a full FX suite in one package, but as an amp w/Verb and Comp, very playable. Now I don't use hi gain, djenty tones that a lot of non-real amp devices can struggle with. But for clean, EOB, and classic rock lead tones, I thought it was a no brainer @ $299.

Last edited:
I plan on getting one of these for a non-modeling rig I’ve been building that’s all pedal/amp based. It’ll go on the board for a situation I can’t use the amp and want to use my pedalboard.

I’ve seen a lot of “this isn’t better than ____” about this in the last couple days. I’m not sure why people are looking for competition so much when it‘s pretty clear this does a specific thing that you really can’t get anywhere else. The Mooer Live Preamp does EQ matches, so your only other options are the Kemper Stage or the Quad Cortex where you can spend $1300-$1800.

I was not a fan of searching for captures and never want to experience that again. I’ll capture whatever amp I end up with and some Fractal models.

For me as bedroom player fm3 is unbeatable because you have everything at high quality in a small package. The game changer for me will be a system that avoid to use 4 cables method with an amp when you want to use it. I hate cables around, noise and buzz :)

Where are people seeing the $100 off coupon code? Asking for a friend. (Really! I couldn't replace my FM9 with this, but it might work for my singer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom