Fractal Summer Live

A lot of pro audio rig only use PowerCon connectors. All Meyer Sound speakers and audio processors, most line array systems (because they daisy chain), etc. Very sturdy and practical. Very fast to connect and disconnect and very secure - like SpeakerCon.

A lot of pro audio rig only use PowerCon connectors. All Meyer Sound speakers and audio processors, most line array systems (because they daisy chain), etc. Very sturdy and practical. Very fast to connect and disconnect and very secure - like SpeakerCon.
Yes. Mainly "very secure." If someone trips over a power cord, it won't kill the show. And if you're flying line arrays fifty feet in the air, the last thing you want is to have a power cord fall out.

Yes. Mainly "very secure." If someone trips over a power cord, it won't kill the show. And if you're flying line arrays fifty feet in the air, the last thing you want is to have a power cord fall out.
I see, actually never ever had a spontaneous disconnection from a Schuko power connector except that pulling them out can be a PITA when they are not readily accessible vs simple a twist and pull operation of this speakers nsbut that ain't the question. I just never came across that type of power connector and now I now what it is. Maybe a tiny bit more sensible to contact issues and consequential heating phenomena?

Maybe a tiny bit more sensible to contact issues and consequential heating phenomena?
PowerCON connectors are much less susceptible to contact issues caused by the plug getting kicked or pulled halfway out of the socket.

PowerCON connectors are much less susceptible to contact issues caused by the plug getting kicked or pulled halfway out of the socket.
Both never happened for me but I guess it's like everything if you buy cheapo electrical materials you have that kind of accidents. I had bad speakon connectors mount on a mid range set of Thomann speaker cables and the plastic just dried up and the connector felt apart someday. I replaced with professional speakons and never again had any issue afterwards with these.

Both never happened for me...
You're a lucky man. :)

Over the years, I've seen many instances of power cord getting tripped over our sagging out of the socket from too much weight on the cable.

Last edited:
You're a lucky man. :)

Over the years, I've seen many instances of power cord getting tripped over our sagging out of the socket from to much why on the cable.
Tripping over, sure, who never tripped over a cable some day haha? I did at least 20 times mostly guitar cable as all the rest is systematically taped to the floor. It's a constant war. To start with I probably should go wireless, have some old nady lying around here but the hassle with batteries makes I use it maybe once every 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom