Fractal, on tour with Madonna

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
While I respect Madonna's accomplishments in the music business, I do not consider myself a fan.

Having said that, I saw a screen shot of her guitar player's pedalboard, clicked on the Youtube link and was pleased to learn that he is using an Axe II into Orange heads and 4x12 cabs in stereo, for her tour. Furthermore, she apparently plays guitar on 3 songs and uses an Axe II direct to the board for that purpose. Rig Rundown - Madonna's Monte Pittman - YouTube

I don't know if this post will boost, or hurt Axe Sales, so I just want to apologize in advance.

I understand that just to get a gig like that, requires each musician on stage to be a beast. Imagine how many other musicians you have to beat out to be the last guy standing!!!

If you don't believe that, check out the players in Pink's band. Her guitarist can give Vai, Gilbert, Govan, and that whole camp, a run for its money. Fractal would do well, to get him on board as a convert.

Yes, I've posted about P!nk's guitarist before (check the cover of 'Babe I'm gonna leave you' live in Australia...KILLER!)

Don't know that much about Monte, but I'll assume like any major artist, they won't have a 'bit player' anywhere in their retinue.

Hurt sales? Why? I guess I can't imagine any serious musician to say 'I'm not playing THAT amp/guitar because they guitarist for Demi Lovato uses it...

Madonna has some great pop tunes from the '80s, & Ray Of Light from about 15 years was cool as well.

Justin Derrico(Pink's guitarist) is definitely a monster player!

Monte Pittman is insanely good. Anybody who says otherwise hasn't seen him live, done a YouTube search, or any research whatsoever. We've actually debated this on the forum. I want to say that he played for Lady Gaga as well, but I am not sure if her name just came up in an argument or not...

LOL. I'm not getting sucked into bashing the madonna and lady gaga players again! I think I may owe you (or someone) a hundred bucks for that thread!

I've gotta say. I couldn't play for a few months last year and the axe sat untouched. So I upgraded direct from fw 6 to fw 9 and man oh man. It doesn't NEED to get any better. It's a surprise to me that more pros aren't playing them. it's just ridicuously fun to have so many great sounds that are so easy to access.

btw, I agree those players have got to be pretty dang good to get that gig, but I doubt they'd hire the buck-toothed fat kid with acne, dandruff and a stutter. :)

You'd be surprised at the number of touring acts using them now. And yes, to get a gig in a major touring act you have to be a monster player.

Do you guys have a active list besides the one on the home page ? it would be cool to see who's using it.

Monte is an awesome player, really cool dude to talk to as well. I got to chat with him a little bit when he was at the Super Bowl, which was shortly before he started using the Axe-FX II in his rig, (he still had a monster pedalboard). I imagine that the addition of the Axe-FX II has streamlined his rig greatly.

His custom guitars are pretty cool as well.

Not that this is even close to the same guitar playing but my band covers the Pink cover of babe. I actually think Pink and her band are pretty incredible. My singer actually got to play this with Justin too during her "The Voice" auditions in chicago. Incredible player!

Back
Top Bottom