Fractal logo Deep Dreamed

well it's not too complicated a logo.. did you see the acid trip scene from fear & loathing in las vegas run through it? now that was fun

I dug into Deep Dream a little bit. I'm not really grokking it. It seems to be a clever way to meld multiple images and patterns together in a trippy way, as if you gave an artist an airbrush and a couple of hits of acid, and locked him in a room. I think it could be a springboard for future developments in processing—a good idea in search of a purpose. The examples I've seen have a certain sameness to them...as if there's only one message, so let's see how many times we can state it. None of the images I saw was anything I'd want to hang in my house for a week. Thanks for doing this, though. I'd never have known this existed otherwise.

I dug into Deep Dream a little bit. I'm not really grokking it. It seems to be a clever way to meld multiple images and patterns together in a trippy way, as if you gave an artist an airbrush and a couple of hits of acid, and locked him in a room. I think it could be a springboard for future developments in processing—a good idea in search of a purpose. The examples I've seen have a certain sameness to them...as if there's only one message, so let's see how many times we can state it. None of the images I saw was anything I'd want to hang in my house for a week. Thanks for doing this, though. I'd never have known this existed otherwise.
Hm? Deep Dream is just for fun. It is in no way an "idea in search of a purpose", as Deep Dream is just the google image recognition algorithm with some fucked-up weight parameters. ;)

I think the reason they all look "samey" so far, is, that the algorithm hasn't been "fed" enough images yet.

There have been some really cool abstract paintings that spawned from plain white noise, though:

building-dreams.png

I like the one with the arches on the top right. I think that would actually do well as a painting. Beautiful color scheme.

What I find so interesting about Deep Dream is, that it technically simulates acid trips; neural networks are simplified brains after all and hyping the input parameters for your brain is exactly what LSD does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom