Fractal LB-2 any future plans ?

TGM

Inspired
Playing with different impedance curves in Axe FX3, I thought it was amazing to see how much effect the impedance curves have on sound and feel. I know that Fractal LB-2 already provides 2 solid impedance curves. However, does fractal have any plans to further improve the product and provide more curves (Mesa OS or Rectifier curves might be a good addition)?

Btw, if you have a fav. load box, please feel free to mention it here. I have Torpedo Captor and I am not a big fan because of the impedance curve.

I've used my Tone King Iron Man 2 Mini for my Swart SST-30, and it sounds and feels great. I've used my Aracom on my Carol Anns, and it works just fine too- but I'm no power user of this stuff. It's pretty darn handy to be able to run a line out from an attenuator and then right into a cab block with whatever effects you want. One of my favorite parts about the Axe is how it lets you set up so many different configurations, so you can bring additional functionality to your other, older gear.

I am also very much interested in this! The lb-2 is an excellent loadbox, but because of how the impedance curve affects the sound so much, I usually connect my amp to my Cabclone IR from Mesa Boogie. If fractal made one with the same impedance curve as a Traditional Rectifier Cab with v30’s, then I would eagerly buy it! The Lb-2 definitely has the best feel of the loadboxes I have owned and tried.

The difference is that there is a sort of mid bump with the torpedo .

But you put an eq somewhere in the chain and remove it if you don’t like it. It’s not like they are millions of irs and tools to change the tone

What I liked with the torpedo, is that when you record a track using their « wall of sound » plug-in, you can change the cab with the recording track in the daw as much as you want . If 3 days after you want to change the cab of your recorded track, you can do it. If you put a loadbox in the axe and record, you cannot change the cab after the recording .

I don’t use load boxes anymore as the axe alone does it all and that my JP2c head got the cabclone that is not so bad when you post eq it .

The prices are also different in load boxes. A torpedo cab is 200e with a free and complete cab plug-in … all the others are twice the price at the minimum without it .

Back
Top Bottom