Fractal Expression Pedals are OUT OF STOCK. Will other brand pedals work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David777

I was about to pull the trigger on a 2nd Fractal Expression Pedal, but they show as out of stock on Fractal's web site.

Will other brand expression pedals work with my FX-III?

Thanks

I was about to pull the trigger on a 2nd Fractal Expression Pedal, but they show as out of stock on Fractal's web site.

Thanks
Yes, most will. I have several from Mission that work very nicely with Fractal Audio equipment. Boss, M-Audio, Ernie Ball, and others also make expression pedals that work. Some have the polarity wired differently for Line 6 or Kemper gear, so it helps to ask about a specific pedal before buying.

If you’re not in a terrible rush, I believe @Admin M@ said somewhere they are hoping to restock in the next month or so.

I have two these Mission Pedals (usually for Volume and Wah but can also use to adjust chorus etc.
https://missionengineering.com/shop/ep-1/ (I bought these two many years ago and they works very well without problems.)

"
The EP-1 is compatible with a large range of digital amps, effects units, MIDI controllers and stomp boxes, and can be used anywhere you would use a Roland EV-5, M-Audio EXP, Boss FV500, or similar pedal. The EP-1 features Missions resilient metal chassis, and purpose designed sealed 10K linear potentiometer. A single 1/4″ TRS output jack connects the pedal to your device with a TRS cable

The EP-1 can be fitted with an optional spring load that will always return the pedal to heel down. This is great for players who are looking to recreate the feel of a spring loaded wah pedal, or when using the pedal with an auto on/off detection such as the Fractal Audio auto-engage feature."

https://missionengineering.com/shop/sp-1/ (this model have two output jacks).

"The first Mission pedal and still one of our top selling products, the SP-1 has two output jacks, one for the expression pedal and one for the switch. The SP-1 can be used with compatible devices such as digital effects and MIDI controllers to turn effects such as a wah or vibrato on and off at the pedal itself."

Of course.

Besides a pair of Fractal’s EV2 pedals, I have a pair of the Dunlop (X) Mini that work fine.

I like the footprint, the overall size, of both types of pedals, because they’ll fit into the pocket of my bag for either the FM3+FC6 or the FM9. I prefer to have a compact rig to make loading and unloading easier.

Last edited:
Yes, I would have also enjoyed a FAS expression pedal but lack of availability led me to the M-Audio EX-P for $30. Found out about them from @Sturla on his AFX3 rig post. Was plug and play on my FM3 and has worked great for me.

The EV-5 is heavy-duty. We have been stomping and pawing the one on the left since the Roland VG-8 era (1995)
EV-5.jpg
Roland EV-5.jpg

According to the User Manual (p12), any expression pedal using a linear pot with a maximum resistance in the range of 10-100kOhm, and a Tip-Ring-Sleeve (TRS) cable, will work

Last edited:
I'm using the Dunlop DVP3. Works great. But I do plan to grab an EV2 when it's available due to its smaller size.

It's worth it to wait for the EV. The pots we use in the pedals have been impossible to get, but as I've posted elsewhere in this forum, we just recently got notice that our order is finally ready. Therefore, we expect to have the EV-1 and EV-2 in the store THIS MONTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom