Fractal clips on dweezilzappaworld.com

Live Fractal audio clips are now available to listen to at http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/songs/ ... xperiments if anyone is curious.

The only clips I have posted so far are from the first incarnation of my Fractal rig in 2009. I put up some clips from the very first show I played with it in Tokyo. I rebuilt the rig recently and some of those new clips will be up soon.

Also if anyone is going to be in LA on April 17th Zappa Plays Zappa will be opening for Jeff Beck.

Regards, DZ

Thanks..i just bought the Ultra last month..you have been an inspiration! Really liked some of the stuff you did with Reb Beach too.
Thanks for posting this. Cool, i replied to Dweezil! 55 yr old fan boy...LOL

That was cool. I just spent a few hours going through a few Banks in Axe-Change, where I found a bunch of yours. Now we have those four clips from the mix board at your live venues.

"It will be apples and oranges since I just did a massive overhaul of the rig. It's a science experiment!"

Well I think Mister Wizard would approve of that. I see that you have A & B ULTRAs in your rig. I've mixed a lot of sound at concerts. I'm surprised by the fullness of the AXE-Fx Ultra signals being sent to the board. They appear to be very full ranged. You are not shelving the lows with a pass filter. At least the signal being passed to the clips are very full sounding. It was fun to listen to your patches first and then hear how you used them live with these clips, all within a few hours.

Obviously you have something to share in the near future. I was wondering one thing. Has the Axe-Fx ULTRA had an affect on your music appreciation? Do you see the box as adding a kind of expansion into new directions? I was changed forever when I heard my first 24 bit reverbs in a recording studio many years ago. This contraption is completely insane. All the effects are 24 bit.

That must be really cool to say, "I'm opening for Jeff Beck."
Wish I was going to be in L.A. that month.

Great stuff DZ!

Amazing clips, what a tone!

Saw ZpZ in Amsterdam about some 4 years ago, together with Vai.
Your tone then was also incredible and thick. Better than Vai's. ;-)

I suddenly remember that you (Dweezil) got all upset that evening because somebody threw a CD (?) at you ... :)

dweezil zappa said:
Live Fractal audio clips are now available to listen to at http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/songs/ ... xperiments if anyone is curious.

The only clips I have posted so far are from the first incarnation of my Fractal rig in 2009. I put up some clips from the very first show I played with it in Tokyo. I rebuilt the rig recently and some of those new clips will be up soon.

Also if anyone is going to be in LA on April 17th Zappa Plays Zappa will be opening for Jeff Beck.

Regards, DZ

I love that dub delay on the orange clip. The stereo separation on all of the is really engaging. Nice.

Great Clips Dweezil

....I'll post some more recent tones soon for comaprison.

a prison for coma patiënts? :cool:

Really cool tones Dweezil.. And opening for BECK!!!! Now that´s cool.... Are you coming to Norway some day ?? :)

Hi Dweezil,

In the latter part of of '09, I was given the opportunity for concert tickets - did't know about the event previous to being asked and jumped on the spare ticket pronto.

Tower Theater in Philadelphia with ZPZ, Dream Theater and others.

Short version - Your set was incredible! Outstanding phrasing from both of you (including Mr.Kime here). Tone was part and parcel of the experience - awsome! Did you use the Axe-Fx that night? Unfortunately we were about 10 rows back from the sound board and way off to the left side; couldn't see a lot of rack detail.

Don't get me wrong here as I was a fan of all that night, but ZPZ was the show. Thank you for doing what you do.

Z.

dweezil zappa said:

Regards, DZ

Interesting sounds... Outstanding playing... April 17th wish I could be there.

Back
Top Bottom