Fractal Bot

Don't know if women enjoy having mini-computers shoved into their chest... only one way to find out. ;)
Did you recently do some research at a local sex sho-... errr, I mean grocery store? You wouldn't believe what kind of hi-tech women shove into places where the sun doesn't shine... ;D

Thanks, Al I recently picked up a mac after the link was taken down- even though axe edit lacks functionality without any version of it you can't update or try new patches- Your list saved my bacon!!

Can FAS give gift certificates to forum members who have never tried to re-design / design their products? Aka the ones that just use the stuff to make music.

will fractal bot also help me take a dump? this would be sooo aweZUM!!!

...seriously people WTF!? ;)

I hope you are given the option to NOT update at that moment, since you may be in the middle of a project and don't want your tones changed until you are ready.

Not sure why it won't just be implemented as part of Axe-Edit?

Upon first start up of the day, poll the FA site to see if there are any new updates or firmware that matches (and is valid) for the unit connected and ask the user if they want to automatically update.

I would think it would be far friendlier than a 'daemon' that runs in the background (using up processor cycles and memory) and continuously polling the FA servers on a periodic basis. Would be less spurious network traffic to/from the already besieged FA servers...

Would be cool to also have beta FW functionality added in.

Checks for updates for FW / AE, prompts for update if needed, and also prompts for beta FW if it is available and downloadable.

I don't know about this... I've never been very happy about installed software that uses my internet connection to check for updates and give me alerts on every startup. I always disable that feature if possible. I wanna have full control and I'm prefectly fine checking available updates manually...

I don't know about this... I've never been very happy about installed software that uses my internet connection to check for updates and give me alerts on every startup. I always disable that feature if possible. I wanna have full control and I'm prefectly fine checking available updates manually...
+1
When doing real work this kind of stuff just gets in the way. I'm not gonna want to update anything in the middle of a recording project.
My studio doesn't even have an internet connection and this was a deliberate choice.

Some people might find it handy though so just make it user configurable, please.

How Chrome does it has been a huge success.
Releases are controlled via channels (canary, dev, beta, stable) and % pushes can be done to monitor experimental features. Those users that opt into allowing chrome to upload anonymised usage data, further help improving the product. All of this happens without prompting.
Maybe this is overkill for AxeEdit but I think it would be nice. The alternative is to rely on users being frequent visitors to the forum.

Manual update check feature?

How Chrome does it has been a huge success.
Releases are controlled via channels (canary, dev, beta, stable) and % pushes can be done to monitor experimental features. Those users that opt into allowing chrome to upload anonymised usage data, further help improving the product. All of this happens without prompting.
Maybe this is overkill for AxeEdit but I think it would be nice. The alternative is to rely on users being frequent visitors to the forum.

Did not know chrome did it this way. Very interesting tgunn, thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom