Fractal AX8 goes dead?

peder

In 2 weeks I have tried Fractal Ax 8 goes dead (no sound), once on job not so wheel :-(

Turns on and off and then it works again.

I play with amplifier.

But in the studio where I use it every day without an amplifier, it works fine.

Some ideas for what tweaks it

Sounds silly but +1 to this because it happened to me at a gig.
It’s happened to me more than once. User error, really. You plug in the power cord, and then move on to other things. You think it’s plugged in all the way, but it’s not. You realize that you can push a bit harder, and it goes in another half inch, at which point it ain’t going anywhere, and it stays seated throughout the gig.

It’s happened to me more than once. User error, really. You plug in the power cord, and then move on to other things. You think it’s plugged in all the way, but it’s not. You realize that you can push a bit harder, and it goes in another half inch, at which point it ain’t going anywhere, and it stays seated throughout the gig.
Same. My AX8 reset during a gig. Then a few songs later completely powered off. I was worried until I realized the power cord was loose. I seated it firmly and all was well again.

I believe there are ribbon cables inside as well.
Possibly one has been jarred loose.
There have been corrupt presets.
But really best is to submit a support ticket and let the Fractal team sort it out.
Yes I’ve had the loose power cable at a jam, scare me.
Also had my patch cable move dials as I moved around.

Back
Top Bottom