Fractal Audio Welcomes Steve Stevens to the Fold

That's great, congratulation's and welcome!

Used to play the "Hamtramck Pub" in Detroit/Hamtramck back in the 80's and the bartender would give us a free round of Jack-n-coke everytime we played "White Wedding". Yeah, we played it a LOT! :lol:

Warrior said:
Used to play the "Hamtramck Pub" in Detroit/Hamtramck back in the 80's and the bartender would give us a free round of Jack-n-coke everytime we played "White Wedding".

Hmm...what band?

Wow, Steve joins two of my favorite forums in the last few weeks... this one and the Steven Slate Drums forum! WOO HOO!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fractal Audio, Steve!

Regards,
Jeff

KG MD said:
"Small Arms Fire" off the new Memory Crash disc is the smokin'est guitar tone I've heard in a long while.

KG

That's a totally badass tune! :cool: I like the Spanish guitar intro too. Reminded me that he did some of that kind of playing on the Hank Marvin tribute cd. Just a well-rounded guitarist.

Great news! I became a huge fan when Memory crash came out - it really showcases his talents, & versatility that may not have been apparent as a sideman. I wonder how he is gonna use it. He's has some great vintage amps.

huge fan here, absolutely love his flamenco album ... got to know him because of the Vince Neil/Exposed album he did. The track "Look in her eyes" solos (check out the track at 03:15) made me reach for the album booklet to find out who that awesome player was, back then. How he did his crazy raygun stuff puzzled me for ages :lol:

he's such an underrated player, yet so many have heard his music without even knowing who he is ... the Top Gun anthem, Dirty Diana ...

great interview/lesson here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqGB4nQIAcQ&feature=related

Simply awesome.... Adding Steve to the list is indeed a treat for axe-fx owners, as he will push the envelope much like Dwezil has done! We need gearheads to help unlock the possibilities, as I can barely scratch the surface. I love his style.

Incidentally has anyone on here used the Colossal Cable Modern Classic guitar cable? Seen some stuff on TGP, and I know Stevie uses them, but he also endorses Evidence Audio stuff... So, just looking for more input (literally w/ my axe).

Steve is the man, there is no doubt, he is always ahead of the curve, so look for him to hyper-develop the Axe-Fx to new sonic levels. Steve still has the best Marshall type power tube distortion analog recorded guitar tones known to man!
The most awesome guitar sounds and playing can be heard on many of the Billy Idol albums, BLS, Steve's solo efforts Flamenco A-Go Go and Memory Crash, I even have a Steve Stevens Samples CD on East-West CD, that has some of the best guitar samples ever recorded and these could be referenced as well some day.
He also is responsible for some of modern rocks best guitars, see my blog http://www.daveonrock for that story.
Atomic Playboy

Back
Top Bottom