Fractal Audio Welcomes Dean Parks to the Fold

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Dean Parks is a leading studio musician and guitarist from Ft Worth Texas. Dean is best-known through his many contributions to albums by Steely Dan. Notably, he played guitar on the Royal Scam track "Haitian Divorce" and the melody line on "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.

He has performed with such internationally-known artists as Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Elton John, Celine Dion, The Monkees, Madeleine Peyroux, America, Diana Ross, Rod Stewart, Randy Travis, Bob Seger, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Michael Bublé, Barry Manilow, David Lee Roth, Dolly Parton, and B.B. King.

FractalAudio said:
Dean Parks is a leading studio musician and guitarist from Ft Worth Texas. Dean is best-known through his many contributions to albums by Steely Dan. Notably, he played guitar on the Royal Scam track "Haitian Divorce" and the melody line on "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.

He has performed with such internationally-known artists as Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Elton John, Celine Dion, The Monkees, Madeleine Peyroux, America, Diana Ross, Rod Stewart, Randy Travis, Bob Seger, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Michael Bublé, Barry Manilow, David Lee Roth, Dolly Parton, and B.B. King.

Bah....not much of a resume if you ask me. :|

:lol: Seriously, congrats Cliff and great purchase choice, Dan!!!

Managed to catch Dean a few months back in Denton, Texas, where he appeared with Naked Lunch performing two whole sets of Steely Dan tunes. That show was a special treat, as Dean added an amazing third guitar alongside Naked Lunch's outstanding Michael Crane and Daran DeShazo for the entire night.

Dean was playing PRS through a Matchless that night. Wonder what tones he'll get out of his Axe-Fx?

Don't forget the Andy Griffith gospel albums!!! :) Go look at this dudes discography sometime, holy crap! He's played with EVERYBODY!

Wonderful, Dean is a personal hero of mine - tremendous player, with a CV that speaks for itself.
Crossing my fingers that Dean will post his experiences with the Axe Fx and perhaps even post presets.

Thats great. :D
Dean is the sort of pro player who is extremely thoughtful of his tone & sound. I love his playing on the steely dan albums. That he is now an Axe-Fx user is testament to the unit's quality. It makes you proud.
:)

Next you know, you'll get Brad Paisley away from Dr.Z! :)
Nice! As far as clouds parting, rays of sunshine with swirlin clean beauty coming out of a speaker is concerned Parks simply is the shit!

Well, I'm working with Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood today.. I'll try and talk to him about it.... Seriously ;-)

Lionman said:
Well, I'm working with Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood today.. I'll try and talk to him about it.... Seriously ;-)

Could you pass along a marriage proposal to Carrie for me :oops:

Quick update on getting Brad Paisley over to AFX.... An unconfirmed, although regularly reliable, little bird told me that the Dr. Z stuff is more for looks... It's an AC-50 doing most of the work.... More details to follow if I can get some....

Back
Top Bottom