Fractal Audio Ruined My Christmas

mattseed

Inspired
A bit of advice for next Christmas. Don't do what I did this year and go out and buy an entire Fractal rig a few days before Christmas. The problem comes when friends and relatives give you there we'll thought out gifts a few days later on Christmas Day.....all's you end up doing is comparing all the gifts to your shiny new Axe FX. I'd like to think I hid it we'll but when I actually got socks of one relative I smiled the best I could but I felt like my face was saying "socks.....I've got a fractal audio axe fx II upstairs" !!

A bit of advice for next Christmas. Don't do what I did this year and go out and buy an entire Fractal rig a few days before Christmas. The problem comes when friends and relatives give you there we'll thought out gifts a few days later on Christmas Day.....all's you end up doing is comparing all the gifts to your shiny new Axe FX. I'd like to think I hid it we'll but when I actually got socks of one relative I smiled the best I could but I felt like my face was saying "socks.....I've got a fractal audio axe fx II upstairs" !!

I felt like that when my twins were born......

I came here expecting to be a massive bitching session, something along the lines of "I sold my valve amp and bought an axe fx 2 days before a show and now I cant get my sound to come out right"...

I was wrong, a whole lotta this going on from you right now hahahaha:

firstworldproblemsgirl.jpg

But hey, socks are handy and its the thought that counts right??

Thanks guys it was just a bit of Xmas fun. Funnily enough the socks are quite nice for once so I will use them......not as much as the Axe FX though! That is when I get to play it.

Christmas did indeed come early for me....Shame I've no guitar at the moment(it's away being refinished......bad timing). So I have a brand new Fractal Audio Axe FX II, a Fractal Audio MFC III foot controller, a Matrix GT1000 amp, a Matrix Q12 speaker and a mission SP1.......but no guitar.

I need to get onto the Oxford English Dictionary people and change the meaning of frustrated.

Matt

Reactions: LVC
Shame I've no guitar at the moment(it's away being refinished......bad timing)

Get yourself a nice inexpensive Epi Les Paul and enjoy New Year too!
thumbsup.gif

There is actually a "Fractal Socks" option in the AMP block. You can switch between "Long" or "Short" size and adjust the amount of fuzziness in the socks by putting a Fuzz pedal in front of the amp. I talked to Cliff about being able to adjust the "Stitch Distance" but he hasn't got back with me yet.

:)

I recall getting socks for Christmas (or any clothing) and being silently ungrateful as I was that young. Later I actually valued the socks.

Steve Vai on the FAS Ultra -" It makes me feel like every day is Christmas. It’s exceptional and I’m grateful..”

Fractal ruined my Xmas because they LOST my returned Axe FX AFTER they signed for it on 12-18-13.
All they said is we'll call you/email you when we find out what happened.
So far FractalAudio has been as quiet as their noise gates. FAS is INCOMMUNICADO!
Do they really expect me to pay $2200 for a unit I didn't signed for, take possession of, or otherwise see it or touch it? No way, bros! Man up, FAS.
Oh, and I was $87 for 2 day air and yet UPS shipped it ground. Not so much as an apology or refund of the difference.
And last, the Admin PM'd me, asked/told me to keep quiet about it, then deleted my comment.
FAS aren't playing straight.

Last edited:
That's why you simply tell your friends and family to pool their money and put it towards an MFC, or a CLR, or a GT1000FX or a nice new guitar. ;)

Back
Top Bottom