Fractal Audio has been challenged, or so it seems.

WoodyCoRPus

Inspired
Found this recommended to me on the Youtubes. Searched the forum for some thoughts on it ( keywords being BIAS and Terreberry) but to my amazement there were no relevant results. Obvious promotional vid, and this guy has a lot of them. No use for me as I cannot use this thing in my live setup anyway, even if I owned a tablet. Sooooo... Thoughts... Tones? Sounds good, but I feel like I've had better tones with the AXE II IMO, also ... I might be BIASed ( some lulz here) but I really feel like the supposed AXE tones are "dumbed down" to sound mediocre. Anyways, have fun.

I can't make it through his video. I'm all for not taking yourself overly seriously, but this felt obnoxious. (And not because I'm a raging fanboi of the AFX - I think bias has it's place if you can't afford an AFX and you're not playing live.)

Not even in the same league.

When pro's like RUSH and Dream Theater have that product in their racks I'll take notice.

Until then, the scamps will scrounge for loose change from the chumps that are willing to fork out 200 bucks for worthless 1's and zero's.

I think he definitely has something (effective) going with his channel. He's got a lot of subscribers and by the looks of it many people like his videos. With that being said, I have a very hard time watching his videos. I have nothing against him, just get turned off by his Jim carryism haha

well it's easy to make something sound better than the axe-fx II if you start out with trying to make the axe-fx II sound bad. It can sound bad just as easy as sounding good. Just tweak some knobs until it sounds bad and boom, compare it to something else. I mean let Clark Kent dial in the sounds for the axe-fx II then have the BIAS try to "match" that, like, I mean, sound as good or "maybe even better". This review is really, off.

well it's easy to make something sound better than the axe-fx II if you start out with trying to make the axe-fx II sound bad. It can sound bad just as easy as sounding good. Just tweak some knobs until it sounds bad and boom, compare it to something else. I mean let Clark Kent dial in the sounds for the axe-fx II then have the BIAS try to "match" that, like, I mean, sound as good or "maybe even better". This review is really, off.

Of course, Clark is such a good Tweaker he could probably make even that BIAS sound pretty good.

The video is funny/entertaining/comical so it gets peoples attention.

But really... DJENT? just sounds like noise to me.

Does Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Megadeth, Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Randy Rhoads, Eric Johnson, Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, Ratt, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Led Zeppelin, Slash, AC/DC, Exodus, Anthrax, Heathen, Possessed, Albert King, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, Brad Gillis, Jake E Lee, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins etc? Any of those musicians and bands DJENT? I don't think so.
I don't even really know what Djent is I guess but I googled a few examples and what I herad on youtube just sounds like CRAP. Djent=another word for crap. I guess much like Punk=Crap.

I listen and can appreciate to a wide range of music as illustrated above.

But what ever this new crap people call "djent" is not one of them.

I don't even understand why people would want to djent in the first place.

So any time I see a video like this that mentions Axe Fx and Djent in the same sentence I always pee my self from laughing.

I mean really? Does anyone need a $2500 axe fx just to Djent with???? It's still gonna sound like crap because crap in = crap out. Djent is crap.

That was most comical part of the video was the dude djenting with a state of the art axe fx.

I don't understand all the phenomenon of users on here though either that post all the clips of them djenting on the axe fx. With the poor chops & melody that is Djent noise, would be just as well served with a solid state peavey bandit than a sophisticated modeler like the axe fx.

So yeah in that respect, I can see why a $200 BIAS plugin would, or should anyway make more sense for someone that just wants to Djent than getting a Axe.

Save the Axe Fx for people that want to be real masters of music & guitar virtuosos like Rhoads, Vai, Satriani etc.

Really... I didn't think Djent music was a real thing at first, I thought it was a Spinal Tap type of joke.

Axe Fx is overkill for djent.

But that was funniest part of video.

Of course, Clark is such a good Tweaker he could probably make even that BIAS sound pretty good.

The video is funny/entertaining/comical so it gets peoples attention.

Does Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Van Halen, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Megadeth, Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Randy Rhoads, Eric Johnson, Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, Ratt, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Led Zeppelin, Slash, AC/DC, Exodus, Anthrax, Heathen, Possessed, Albert King, Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, Brad Gillis, Jake E Lee, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins etc? Any of those musicians and bands DJENT? I don't think so.
I don't even really know what Djent is I guess but I googled a few examples and what I herad on youtube just sounds like CRAP. Djent=another word for crap. I guess much like Punk=Crap.

I listen and can appreciate to a wide range of music as illustrated above.

But what ever this new crap people call "djent" is not one of them.

I don't even understand why people would want to djent in the first place.

So any time I see a video like this that mentions Axe Fx and Djent in the same sentence I always pee my self from laughing.

I mean really? Does anyone need a $2500 axe fx just to Djent with???? It's still gonna sound like crap because crap in = crap out. Djent is crap.

That was most comical part of the video was the dude djenting with a state of the art axe fx.

I don't understand all the phenomenon of users on here though either that post all the clips of them djenting on the axe fx. With the poor chops & melody that is Djent noise, would be just as well served with a solid state peavey bandit than a sophisticated modeler like the axe fx.

So yeah in that respect, I can see why a $200 BIAS plugin would, or should anyway make more sense for someone that just wants to Djent than getting a Axe.

Save the Axe Fx for people that want to be real masters of music & guitar virtuosos like Rhoads, Vai, Satriani etc.

Really... I didn't think Djent music was a real thing at first, I thought it was a Spinal Tap type of joke.

Axe Fx is overkill for djent.

But that was funniest part of video.

Young people suck, am i rite?

To be honest, most low gain tones I hear on here sound the same to me, and are nothing special in my book (van halen, etc), so it appears we only really hear the nuances and differences in things we actually care about. You don't care about modern metal tones and can't hear a difference between them, and that's fine.

Personally, I still think 'djent' is a stupid name for a genre, I blame Misha Mansoor for making it a popular word.

Nah, I like Tesseract, and I can hear how they bennefit from having an AXE FX for their heavily processed clean tones, but I agree that most Djent bands have a pretty awful overdriven sound. The music's edgy rhytmic approach just appeals to me. But then again, opinions...

This is easy: The Axe sounds better, but the BIAS is pretty good for its price.

Why compare a Ferrari and a ... Renault Twizy? ;) (The second one is a LOT of fun btw!!!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom