Fractal Audio DynaCab Packs Now Available

Right now it appears the way this works is you use Cab Lab to mix your DynaCab IR, and then it gets loaded as a regular IR slot in the Axe / FM3? Is that correct?
Yes.

If so, are there plans to allow these packs to be directly loaded onto the Axe / FM series so Cab Lab isn't a requirement?
No. It’s hinted that the factory Dyna-Cabs will have a few more cabs added, but the external packs will remain external, similar to the Fractal IR packs.

My other question is, will the cab pack functionality ever be built into Axe Edit now that Cab Lab 4 is free? It would be great to only have to use one tool,
Just as the Cab block interface was previously a subset of Cab-Lab 3’s features, it is now a subset of Cab-Lab 4’s features. If you need all the features then use the full version of the external app.

The advantage of the external/full version is the emitted IRs reduce the CPU demands and make it so the FM3 can use up to four Dyna-Cabs like the larger siblings can, instead of two separate cabs of the internal Dyna-Cabs, albeit by creating an IR and loading it into a user slot.

Hi guys!
I have just arrived in this forum as a happy owner of FAS FM9 Turbo.
I purchased the cab lab yesterday but I have a small problem....

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 1x10 Metro Blues/1x10 E50 Shadow/Condenser 023:
File contains invalid data.

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 2x12 Double Verb/2x12 Double Verb/Condenser 023:

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 4x12 1960TV/4x12 1960TV G12 Greenback/Condenser 023:

how do I solve it?

Hi guys!
I have just arrived in this forum as a happy owner of FAS FM9 Turbo.
I purchased the cab lab yesterday but I have a small problem....

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 1x10 Metro Blues/1x10 E50 Shadow/Condenser 023:

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 2x12 Double Verb/2x12 Double Verb/Condenser 023:

Unable to load DynaCab Pack - 4x12 1960TV/4x12 1960TV G12 Greenback/Condenser 023:

how do I solve it?

If you go to Tools > Cab Pack Manager, do these packs appear as installed and authorized?

This sounds killer! Even more control than before, and like the Dyna cabs on the unit much more hands-on and fun than simply choosing a pre-shot IR. Outstanding!

Been in contact with Support. Downloaded Cab Lab 4. Then Saturday morning, bought a Cab Pack(1960 4x12). And still, can not get the Cab Pack on Cab Lab 4. I thought maybe it had to do with a 1 business day wait. But received an email that said my order was processed and completed. But when I try to load the Cab Pack into Cab Lab 4, says there is no purchase history, same message when using the Order # to look it up. I did NOT buy cab pack as a guest. Used my Fractal store log in. Computer meets parameters for being able to run software. Frustrated but I trust that support will figure this out. Want to test this out!!!!!

Been in contact with Support. Downloaded Cab Lab 4. Then Saturday morning, bought a Cab Pack(1960 4x12). And still, can not get the Cab Pack on Cab Lab 4. I thought maybe it had to do with a 1 business day wait. But received an email that said my order was processed and completed. But when I try to load the Cab Pack into Cab Lab 4, says there is no purchase history, same message when using the Order # to look it up. I did NOT buy cab pack as a guest. Used my Fractal store log in. Computer meets parameters for being able to run software. Frustrated but I trust that support will figure this out. Want to test this out!!!!!
Have you logged into the same account in the Cab Lab cab manager

Have you logged into the same account in the Cab Lab cab manager
Yes, the same email and such that I used for the Fractal store. Had purchased an EV2 some time ago and set up an account for future purchases. Ya know, just in case hahaha

I'm holding out for a Mesa oversized 4x12 cab pack! Any chances of it coming soon?

can someone upload a sound of the 1960TV. I honestly can get a good sound. High notes sound soooo thin!

How are you monitoring your sound and at what volume? How loud is your rig when you set your EQ?
Hey Greg! Fm9 connected with spdif to RME Ucxii. Everything is the same like when I am jamming.

Its like the DI sound is mixed on top with this.

EDIT...I exported it and sound as it should... when I am playing live the di sound is mixed so the sound is really weird. Did I miss somerthing here???

Last edited:
Hey Greg! Fm9 connected with spdif to RME Ucxii. Everything is the same like when I am jamming.

Its like the DI sound is mixed on top with this.

EDIT...I exported it and sound as it should... when I am playing live the di sound is mixed so the sound is really weird. Did I miss somerthing here???

Can you post your preset? It sounds like there's something unintentional in the routing.

It could be maybe the air parameter in the cab block, or maybe a system setting... You could still post the preset and a backup of your system settings, and someone might see the problem right away. A recording of what's going on would also help immensely.

It could be maybe the air parameter in the cab block, or maybe a system setting... You could still post the preset and a backup of your system settings, and someone might see the problem right away. A recording of what's going on would also help immensely.
It's something with my interface.... I turned off my rme and I plugged my headphones directly on the FM9...

Bang...great sound...

Back
Top Bottom