Fractal Audio DRIVE models: Timothy (based on Paul Cochrane's Timmy)

I guess I need to play with it more...something in the high end that's not working for me.

Don't overlook the Tone control in the model, which is a high cut. All the way up is no cut. I usually have to cut more highs (Model: turn down Tone from 10) as I increase Gain/Drive past 3 or 4.

Don't overlook the Tone control in the model, which is a high cut. All the way up is no cut. I usually have to cut more highs (Model: turn down Tone from 10) as I increase Gain/Drive past 3 or 4.
yeah, I was trying to leave it completely flat (tone maxed with no lo cut) but it just wasn't working, especially into the real Matchless. going to get some time with it tomorrow hopefully.

@yek quoted a couple paragraphs from the manual in the OP, but left this text out:

"So for cleaner settings you might have the treble on zero (7 o'clock) for all the highs, and as you turn up the distortion you would roll back the treble to keep things smooth."

"You might have them on zero for the cleaner stuff, and rolled back to something like 3 o'clock for the distortion tones. Don't be afraid to roll them all the way off!"

Love the Timmy ! With the low cut off and tone on full, and the mids bumped up a bit it reminds me of the Jan Ray (which is not so surpising). Great for a more 'refined' tubescreamer type push!

@Burgs - I loved the demo of the Timmy! Comedy and a pedal demo! :) Judging by the age of the video, I'm sure your daughter would be cringing at it now :)

Haha. Yeah, that one goes back a bit. I still own my Tim and Timmy. They're two of the only pedals I've kept out of the 1000+ that I've demoed since. And Sadie? She loves that there's a heap of filmed fun with her dad that's available to watch anytime she wants. It's a constant source of hilarity when she has sleepovers and stuff with her friends. One day she'll make an appearance again, I hope. Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom