Fractal Audio DRIVE models: SDD Preamp (based on preamp in Korg SDD-3000)

I turn to your amp list so often (and now the drives) that it's high time I send you a little donation. Can you send me a link or post it here?
It's great the way you put the cab info and some of your personal settings and opinions. FAS couldn't have written it that way. Great that you did it. Great info. It's helped me dial in the authenticity of each model.

Reactions: yek
This drive model is so cool, it adds the perfect sizzle to just about anything. Tonight, I have been running it into the JM45 model with an unhealthy dose of eighties compression in front. It's perfect

I use drive on 1.25 and output at +4dB. Not sure what drive setting is equal to the SDD, 1 probably? Anything more than 1.25 sounds too distorted compared to my real SDD.

I needed a clean scene on my 5153 Blue channel preset, but couldn't sacrifice any of the existing scenes.
I tried this Pre with Amp block bypassed, Drive on 4, a bit of EQ tweaks here and there, a little pedal compression before it and a bit of tube compression after it straight into YA KW IR.

Honestly, I don't want to go back to my EOB sounds no more :D People who are looking for jazz solid-state sounds should try this (maybe remove the "tube compressor" part), and drive on 2 or 3 with a little sugar delay. Cleans for days!

@abendJazz really try this one. SDD with drive on 3 (or 2 if pickups are hot), no amp block, drive block with a few different IRs to choose from, a bit of delay. Gate in the input block bypassed. Play with EQ a bit to roll off highs if needed. Reminds me of Peavey-style SS amps, nothing "tubey" about this one, doesn't distort even on heavy attack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom