Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Units

Electric1Gypsy

Inspired
I recently purchase a FC-12 to go with the Axe FX III that I also recently upgraded to from the Axe FX 2XL and I am so glad I did. The FX unit has so many more options and CPU availablity, that make the presets come alive. It is really hard to believe that I used to use a mountain of effects pedals, as well as amplifiers and speaker cabinets before these purchases, just to get a sound that still didn't live up to your expectations. I still can't believe how much simpler life has become by being able to make a preset that sounds exactly the way you want at the tip of your fingers anytime of the day.

I am a huge fan of Wah Pedals especially the VOX 846 which I just recently made a preset and unploaded to the axe exchange. It was my last pedal I have left that I use with my Axe FX Unit. Even though the nostalgia aspect is still there I am finally removing it from my pedal board because I have accurately replicated the feel and sound coming from my Vox Wah 846-HW comparing them side by side in the Wah Block.

Probably the best thing about the Axe FX Unit is the amazing support by Fractal Audio to constantly improve the Unit's capability now and in the future, makes the choice to go with a fractal unit than any other more of a no brainer.

Attachments

• Vox Wah HW 846-HW.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
I recently purchase a FC-12 to go with the Axe FX III that I also recently upgraded to from the Axe FX 2XL and I am so glad I did. The FX unit has so many more options and CPU availablity, that make the presets come alive. It is really hard to believe that I used to use a mountain of effects pedals, as well as amplifiers and speaker cabinets before these purchases, just to get a sound that still didn't live up to your expectations. I still can't believe how much simpler life has become by being able to make a preset that sounds exactly the way you want at the tip of your fingers anytime of the day.

I am a huge fan of Wah Pedals especially the VOX 846 which I just recently made a preset and unploaded to the axe exchange. It was my last pedal I have left that I use with my Axe FX Unit. Even though the nostalgia aspect is still there I am finally removing it from my pedal board because I have accurately replicated the feel and sound coming from my Vox Wah 846-HW comparing them side by side in the Wah Block.

Probably the best thing about the Axe FX Unit is the amazing support by Fractal Audio to constantly improve the Unit's capability now and in the future, makes the choice to go with a fractal unit than any other more of a no brainer.
Hi everyone.
Can i use in Axe Fx 2 Xl Plus?
Cheers.

AFAIK the main improvements in the III are mostly routing and CPU power, not necessarily software or simulation improvements. It might be worth considering that if you are buying an AXE 3 for the sole purpose of playing, you might be equally well served by an Axe 2. If you run a home studio or need a new rackmounted all in one solution for your live band, absolutely get the 3.

The AxeFX 2 is still absolutely cutting edge and will remain so for quite a long time. If my statements about the 3 are wrong, feel free to correct me.
Yeah, they're wrong.

AFAIK the main improvements in the III are mostly routing and CPU power, not necessarily software or simulation improvements. It might be worth considering that if you are buying an AXE 3 for the sole purpose of playing, you might be equally well served by an Axe 2. If you run a home studio or need a new rackmounted all in one solution for your live band, absolutely get the 3.

The AxeFX 2 is still absolutely cutting edge and will remain so for quite a long time. If my statements about the 3 are wrong, feel free to correct me.

When I got the Axe-FX III it sounded better than the Axe-FX II's that I've heard throughout the years. Now it's almost two years later and it sounds sooo much better than when I first got it. Everything is much more responsive than before. The biggest improvement in my opinion is that the Axe-FX III can now emulate the interaction between power amps and cabs. A normal IR is static and adding this reactiveness of a tube power amp to the connected speaker is something that I was really missing before. It's a feature I really like to play around with. As far as I'm aware Axe-FX III is still the only modeler out there that includes this. I also haven't found ampsim plugins that model this behavior.

When I got the Axe-FX III it sounded better than the Axe-FX II's that I've heard throughout the years. Now it's almost two years later and it sounds sooo much better than when I first got it. Everything is much more responsive than before. The biggest improvement in my opinion is that the Axe-FX III can now emulate the interaction between power amps and cabs. A normal IR is static and adding this reactiveness of a tube power amp to the connected speaker is something that I was really missing before. It's a feature I really like to play around with. As far as I'm aware Axe-FX III is still the only modeler out there that includes this. I also haven't found ampsim plugins that model this behavior.

I agree

The screen. Don't underestimate the screen. It is a major upgrade. It's what finally pushed me over the edge. The computing power, naturally, and the gorgeous sounds it brings. But the screen sealed the deal. FAS did a great job with the overall design aesthetic of the 3.

I’ve got the Axe fx 2 xl plus can I use that wah block in my axe?
Thanks

I’ve got the Axe fx 2 xl plus can I use that wah block in my axe?
Thanks

Possibly not, but if you use the Vox 845 in the wah block as a starting point, you'll probably be able to get very close. Axe FX II wah models are good.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom