Fractal Audio Artist Preset Series - Steve Stevens

Is it just me or the dude is not that good of a player? I'm not familiar with his work.
Research his bio and I think you will find he is a very+++ accomplished player across multiple styles. That said I am biased - a big fan of his (I buy his t-shirts at B Idol concerts)- but don't think that will change the truth. But as another noted - each to their own. I think the early patch and demo he gave from the Atomic Playboy's song Atomic Playboys perhaps sounded a tad weird out of the mix. Wish there were more Atomic Playboys albums - that is one of my favourites, and also shows off very well some of the breadth of Steve's abilities across multiple styles.

Just wondering, did anyone from fractal work with him with these or was this Steve's own doing? Rebel Yell is probably the one preset I tweak the most always trying to get closer to the original track. Wondering why that 4th row is there? If anything side chain the Delay and Reverb no? There is no right or wrong with AFX just an observation.

At first I didn't noticed he used custom IRs, and his presets sounded great with mine. We have the same taste in IRs :)

Great job here, I always loved the clean sounds in Flesh for fantasy !

Thank you Steve and Fractal for taking your time to recognize your fans and customers. Hats off to ya my dudes.

Very cool. Question since it shows these were done with 12.08. Will the DT and Thorn presents load up correctly on 12.08 ? Amp modeling hasn’t changed so I’m guessing the answer is yes?

Amp modelling hasn't changed since 12.00, although some amps have had minor tweaks. So yes they sound the same in 12.08 than in 12.07

Way cool! Thank you to everyone involved with the Artist Preset Series! It is amazing to be able to use presets that the artists themselves have created. How about you Mr. Petrucci? Feel like contributing as well?

I haven't got these yet - otherwise occupied and located currently - but is the tone from the Top Gun anthem in there? THAT is a tone I just love...!

The pdf instruction that came with this preset pack say the presets are set up for External 1 and External 2. Using the Axe FX III at least for me the expression pedal 2 is not set to External 2 in the Playboys preset and the Rebel Yell Preset I think. It is set to Pedal 1 or 2 or something. So I had to change those controllers to External 2. Just FYI.

It's a really straight forward tone without a bunch of fizzy gain which is how he designed his signature Friedman head. Very authentic to his tone and I will use it live when we cover Rebel yell! Thanks Steve!!

Back
Top Bottom