Fractal Audio and amp profiling

Tube amps have been used for decades. No needs for digital crap... ;)
Yes and they are heavy, fragile, and maintenance intensive.

I love the way my tube amps work. I also would prefer to leave them at home and not have to haul them around.

Bogner XTC head: 55 lbs
Marshall 1960A cabinet: 80 lbs

Axe-FX III: 15 lbs
Yamaha DXR12: 43 lbs

Pick the right tool for the job.

I suggested some way to play with profiling that does not (still) exist. I like to share newer ideas, maybe Cliff think they are useful or doable. Don't need to discuss what's already in the Fractal or in any DAW.

Yes and they are heavy, fragile, and maintenance intensive.

I love the way my tube amps work. I also would prefer to leave them at home and not have to haul them around.

Bogner XTC head: 55 lbs
Marshall 1960A cabinet: 80 lbs

Axe-FX III: 15 lbs
Yamaha DXR12: 43 lbs

Pick the right tool for the job.
I agree with the heavy thing , but when you see some rigs with 2 modelers , a power amp and a cab 🙄. I use tubes amps since 22 years, have done hundreds of gig with them and never got one single problem. And you know what? I had a problem with my first gig with an helix , freeze ! So you can clearly have a problem with a modeler... if the unit bug ... and imagine when you have 2 or more musician in the same axe . I mean this legend that tube heads are fragile ... rock bands use them and tour all over the world with them for decades and decades ...some heads have done hundreds of gigs ..... I own and use both tubes and virtual amps now , but I am not more confident with digital stuff... electronic is fragile too

So the « amp copy » thing is in his mind since a long time , despite what fanboys say . How can you deny this option with the success that kemper have with his thing .... if we have it too we will have it all 🌹

As I said on Facebook:

Profiling is a patented technology and any unit implementing it is infringing on that patent. We personally believe that patent infringement is a serious offense. We also believe that modeling is superior to profiling. Others may disagree with one or both those points.
So what they have done in the quad cortex is outlaw ? There is only one way to profile technically ? They patent a method but maybe there is another one ?

Back
Top Bottom