Fractal Audio AMP Models: Revv (based on Revv Generator 120)

i know that the green channel is not modelled, the reason being for it and what’s also meant here by “they already exist.” is that the green channel is replica of 1 or more amps in the axe fx already.

Never played a JPM but I will say the green channel is killer on the Revv. Call me crazy if ya want but I dime the gain and run it like a fuzz pedal. It’s a lot of fun and with a little delay/reverb you have some Rabea tones going on. Cool to see some Revv in the Fractal now because they have their own thing going on.

EDIT: And Green channel with all three modes has now been added too.

@unix-guy (I can't quote because your post had no text). The Three aggression modes are not what people are discussing when referring to the green channel.

Confusing rainbow system aside, the Rev has 4 channels:
Blue - Clean
Green - Crunch
Purple - Tight dry Gain. Three agreesion modes: off/Green, Blue, Red.
Red - Big Looser (rectoish) gain. Three agreesion modes: off/Green, Blue, Red.

The three aggression modes of Purple and Red are in the amp, but people are asking for the Green channel to be added.

Other confusion is some people are saying the LEDs for Aggression mode show Off, Blue, Red, but the official manual calls the aggresion modes Green, Blue. Red.

And others are saying since the Blue channel is a fender style clean channel, and the green channel is a Marshall/Modded marshall style, existing Fender and Marshall style models might cover those bases already.

Last edited:
@unix-guy (I can't quote because your post had no text). The Three aggression modes are not what people are discussing when referring to the green channel.

Confusing rainbow system aside, the Rev has 4 channels:
Blue - Clean
Green - Crunch
Purple - Tight dry Gain. Three agreesion modes: off, Blue, Purple.
Red - Big Looser (rectoish) gain. Three agreesion modes: off, Blue, Purple.

The three aggression modes of Purple and Red are in the amp, but people are asking for the Green channel to be added.

And others are saying since the Blue channel is a fender style clean channel, and the green channel is a Marshall/Modded marshall style, existing Fender and Marshall style models might cover those bases already.
Yes, I know.

The post I quoted said that green was "in the box". I read that as meaning it was modeled, and it isn't... ;)

Yes, I know.

The post I quoted said that green was "in the box". I read that as meaning it was modeled, and it isn't... ;)
Fair enough, it was 20% directed at you because that was the last post I saw referencing it, and 80% hoping to clear things up for the wider thread because of their somewhat confusing channel/mode naming system 👍

Yes, I know.

Or to the extent that it is modeled, it's not a Revv model, it's an existing Marshall or Fender.

I for one would love a specific indication of exactly which Marshall and Fender amps correspond to those Revv channels, if there are in fact really close matches.

Arggggggh with these “we already have it” or “you can build it in the axe”

Don’t forget that some people owning a 3 sometimes just owned one tube amp in their life, some don’t even got one…. So if you don’t have all that knowledge that channel 1 in that amp is similar to the 1967 model with 3 different transistors… if the axe got so many amps, there is a reason.
The customer want to choose a JVM and have immediately all the channels and tone from that amp, that is what the modelers are about.

As you can see, after 2 years of requests about the revv where the answers were “we don’t need it”, “another high gain amp” blabla . Now you choose the model and everyone say that it kick ass, even more than all the others high gain heads in the unit…

If you start with the fas modern, you can have a similar tone than the revv

So YES, we want all the channels from every amps if possible 👍🏻

Don’t forget that some people owning a 3 sometimes just owned one tube amp in their life, some don’t even got one…. So if you don’t have all that knowledge that channel 1 in that amp is similar to the 1967 model with 3 different transistors… if the axe got so many amps, there is a reason.
The customer want to choose a JVM and have immediately all the channels and tone from that amp, that is what the modelers are about.

As you can see, after 2 years of requests about the revv where the answers were “we don’t need it”, “another high gain amp” blabla . Now you choose the model and everyone say that it kick ass, even more than all the others high gain heads in the unit…

100% THIS ^^

Absolutely agree!
I would also have the second Channel from the Divided by 13 amp, even if it’s also a Marshall style Channel.
When we do have a modeled amp, why not every single channel?
Otherwise we just need one Fender, one Marshall, one Boogie etc.

Different amps, even if they are modeled after a specific brand, do react different.
I could understand that limitation, if the Axe 3 wouldn’t have enough capacity/space etc.

@Sashman surely a matter of “time”, and that everytime a channel is added it add a “amp” in the list. what I say is not against fractal hm, that’s probably a lot of work. But yeah they are a lot of heads that don’t have their clean channels in the unit, and as you said, the clean in a rectifier don’t act like a clean in a fender combo etc.
That’s ok if one knob is missing, but a channel..even if it suck, that’s part of the amp

The Purple channel is drier, tighter, & clearer than Red Channel 4, with less gain on tap. As a result most people use the fatter & more saturated Red Channel 4 for lead & this Purple Channel 3 for rhythm but please experiment to your own taste, especially if you like a thick chunky rhythm distortion tone or a drier lead tone.” Revv’s standard configuration comes with 6L6 power tubes (on which Fractal Audio’s models are based), but KT88s and EL34s are possible as well." – Owners Manual
I took it for a quick spin and the red channel is essentially Rammstein / Richard Kruspe sound in a box, you can spend quite a bit of time making the Rectifier models sound like that or just literally add the red channel 3 and be done with it. Great sounding amp, very easy to get usable stuff out of without tinkering.

Back
Top Bottom