Fractal Audio AMP Models: PDF Guide

The download link links to the latest revision of the guide.

Hi All,

In Yek's post "COMPLETED: Fractal Audio AMP models thread series", he said:

Well, with his kind permission, I bring to you "Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio Amplifier Models" for you to download, print, read to your children at bedtime, leave at non-Axe owning bandmate's places or whatever you choose to do with it.

I must stress, all the good content is Yek's hard work. Any of the mistakes are all mine!

If you like the document and find it useful, please donate to Yek's good cause (and even if you don't like it, feel free to donate anyway :) ) .

I'm not sure I can keep it up to date but any mistakes you find, shoot them through and I'll try to update.

Enjoy!

book.jpg
View attachment 33202
Very handy, thanks so much! Lots of amps I actually had no idea what they looked like ;-) Always fun to read all the info!

Just wanted to say I used to work in the amp industry and this is so awesome for guys that don't know the history of amps.
But one thing that kinda bugs me bf in being super finnicky here is the Matchless as grand daddy of boutique amps.

Matchless, Bogner, VHT/Fryette since 89.
Soldano, THD Electronics since 87
Before that you had Rivera and Bradshaw but IRC Bradshaw didn't do amps til 89 or 90.
I know Rivera was before since I was one of his poster boys in 87.
Before that you had Fisher, Kelly, and Dumble.
Before that Mesa

plus the German guys like Kitty Hawk that caused Dumble to goop his stuff and also Palmer who before making speaker sims made a bitchen Mark looking better sounding amp

Haha, I'll change that, just for you. I believe it is a quote from the Fractal manual.

I welcome all suggestions for corrections and improvements.

PS I owned a Knucklehead somewhere late 80s/early 90s.

Last edited:
Wow!!!
I am new here and as of yet I donot know how to use this guide yet or where to start

but from reading from others I am sure glad it is here
and I can see that is a Awsome put together project of major Aweomeness
I donot know many people yet be but all I can say is this took a lot of thought and time

Thank all that we're involve God Bless

Just wanted to say I used to work in the amp industry and this is so awesome for guys that don't know the history of amps.
But one thing that kinda bugs me bf in being super finnicky here is the Matchless as grand daddy of boutique amps.

Matchless, Bogner, VHT/Fryette since 89.
Soldano, THD Electronics since 87
Before that you had Rivera and Bradshaw but IRC Bradshaw didn't do amps til 89 or 90.
I know Rivera was before since I was one of his poster boys in 87.
Before that you had Fisher, Kelly, and Dumble.
Before that Mesa

plus the German guys like Kitty Hawk that caused Dumble to goop his stuff and also Palmer who before making speaker sims made a bitchen Mark looking better sounding amp

I think the same thing every time I see Matchless get that label. I was exposed to Jim Kelly and Rivera amps (the Rivera designed Fender amps) early on in my playing because the local killer players had them.

The download link links to the latest revision of the guide.

Hi All,

In Yek's post "COMPLETED: Fractal Audio AMP models thread series", he said:

Well, with his kind permission, I bring to you "Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio Amplifier Models" for you to download, print, read to your children at bedtime, leave at non-Axe owning bandmate's places or whatever you choose to do with it.

I must stress, all the good content is Yek's hard work. Any of the mistakes are all mine!

If you like the document and find it useful, please donate to Yek's good cause (and even if you don't like it, feel free to donate anyway :) ) .

I'm not sure I can keep it up to date but any mistakes you find, shoot them through and I'll try to update.

Enjoy!

book.jpg
View attachment 33202
Hello simviz
Can i add it to the Italy Forum ? :D

Back
Top Bottom